topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 12:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: reporting group policies  (Read 3428 times)

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
reporting group policies
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I am looking for a program that will look at the polices on the local computer and then make a nice report showing the ones that have been "enabled" or "disabled".  That way I can compare policies between computers.

most of the group policy reporters software are made to be run from the server on a network.  I can do this but it only shows me the policies that have been set from the server.

i would like something that would only be run on a desktop using XP Pro.  I have been playing around with the command "gpresult" but it doesn't return anything useful.   :(

Surely it wouldn't be too dificult for a program to be written that would pull or poll this informatin, would it?

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: reporting group policies
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Have you tried the (Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) snap-in) graphical version of gpresult?

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: reporting group policies
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:45 PM »
not yet, my understanding is it won't work on workgroup computers like it does on domain computers.  But I haven't tried it yet either.  I will try to give it a go later on.