ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove Flash Player not listed in Add/Remove?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
YES, I would certainly like to repair XP, but NO, it's an OEM with no disc, and the backup disc is far too old to use already: I would loose some 300 programs... when I have had my CD Player repaired.....

NO, I have no Air... I have erased everything named Adobe or Macromedia.

And YES, registry cleaners are dangerous. Today I am convinced that it was a bad cleaning that started all the troubles many months ago!

Curt:
By now it has been almost a full month in which I have had no Internet browser Adobe ActiveX flash player, and it is getting very frustrating to me.

I was not aware how often I watch flash movies one way or the other, but now I know it is every day. So many times I have been asked if I want to install Adobe Flash Player, and so many times I have clicked Yes, but to no avail: Each and every time I try to install, the Adobe installer will pop up at once and tell me that "this is not the newest version" and I need to go to Adobe to download a new version - and then the installer will abort setup with no further options than to give up installing.

Of course I have been using new versions only, both .47 and .64 Beta, from both this and that download link, - I even tried the newest of the old archive versions - but these stupid popup messages keeps saying my versions are too old.

I have again and again uninstalled the proper way, by using the newest official Adobe Flash Uninstaller, version 4.0.0.3, various copies.

I have tried to remove any traces of Adobe and Macromed from the registry keys
- I even removed Adobe PDF Reader just for the sake of it.

I have uninstalled and updated this and that, including Java, but so far without any luck.

[Edit: I should tell that when I try to install from Adobe's homepage, the installation is never successful.]

Adobe seems to have decided not to answer my cry-outs for help.

What can I do??

:tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

How to remove Flash Player not listed in Add/Remove?

Lashiec:
format C: ;D

Why don't you download the standalone installer from File Hippo? Be sure to select the stable version in the menu at the right side, as the most current one is a beta of the next major build. Or use Flash with another browser (last resort).

Or if you're brave enough, go hunt in the CLSID section of the registry (not recommended).

Curt:
The picture in my previous post is showing a standalone version. And as I wrote earlier in the thread, the problem have so far been regardless of what browser I was using. Yes, the answer may be some CLSID, but where are the names to make certain you are handling the right one? No, you were right: "not recommended"; such action may call more for insight than for bravery.

Curt:
... 5 minutes later: I found a Macromedia key in the registry that somehow escaped my previous cleansing, and the suffix was "Version". I deleted the key, and installed flash without any problems! Problem solved.

:D  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version