ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove Flash Player not listed in Add/Remove?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darwin:
I wouldn't take it that way, Curt. I think that beta's installer is just checking for the latest "full" release - if you've run the Adobe uninstaller first, Flash Player should well and truly be GONE!

PhilB66:
BTW, here's the path to the uninstaller %windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash

Curt:
Hmmm... this is getting really bizarre, I think. I unistalled Adobe Reader, meaning there should not be any more Adobe or Macromedia programs on my machine. I then used RegSeeker to erase more than 500 Adobe- and 30 Macromed- entries from the Registry! I even removed the new Access Bridge from Sun, because it somehow is connected to Adobe Reader. Then I rebooted, and tried for the tenth time to install Adobe Flash Player and ActiveX Plugin, but the procedure failed again again!

Adobe is added to Trusted with everything alloved.

---
@ Darwin. I have to take it that way, because the installer did not just "inform" me about the alledged "new" version. It simply told me to get a newer version, and closed!
---

Not being able to install any version of Flash Player, no matter what browser I use, and with the registry cleaned from almost any presence of Adobe and Macromed, I have absolutely no idea what to do now. Do you have an idea, please?

:tellme:

Edit:
I closed almost every program on my machine, before installation.

Darwin:
Hmm... that is worrisome (and no doubt highly annoying). I don't really know what to suggest beyond a format and reinstallation... Speaking from a load of negative experiences, I'd be REALLY careful using a registry cleaner as you did - you'll like regret that in the future, which leads me back to that format and fresh install of windows. I don't suppose you have a disk image that you could restore and try this again, by chance?

tinyvillager:

Do you have adobe air installed ?

Check your common files in the Program files folder,i had a similar problem last week.Flash 9 wouldn't install on IE,drove me nuts.

I uninstalled adobe air,used adobe uninstalled flash programs,and scanned for anything named macromedia and flash
9 with RegSeeker.

I think between adobe air and all these flash beta's adobe is kind of making things clunky.

In short i would just sleuth through the whole machine,registry,windows system32 folder,C:\Documents and Settings,and kill anything to do with adobe,and macromedia.That's what fixed it with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version