ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tower Defense games collection updated 27-9-08

<< < (7/9) > >>

p3lb0x:
Ah, I should probably update my list sometime. :\

f0dder:
Ah, I should probably update my list sometime. :\
-p3lb0x (February 06, 2009, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Get to it, lazyboy! :D

Deozaan:
Make sure to include Defense Grid: The Awakening. :)

Paul Keith:
Immortal Defense

Premise:

From what I read, it's like an offensive version of defense grid.

From: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2007/09/immortal_defense.php

Leaving your body and pregnant wife behind while you undertake a hyperspace mission to fight millions of aliens using only the power of your consciousness is not going to make you feel any better. Thus begins the intriguing plot of Immortal Defense
--- End quote ---

Selling point: Story and Tower Designs

Another selling point is the compelling story: which other tower defense game has kept you awake till 3AM?
--- End quote ---

Story = Let's just say even if this game wasn't a tower defense game, the story is above average. Literally one of the few games where you can't imagine presenting the story any better if it wasn't in videogame form.

Tower Designs = Unlike other highly praised Tower Defense games, you can't alter the path of your enemies but the designs of the Towers are so varied enough that you can literally place them anywhere (hint: tower range increases with upgrades) but as with strategy games, you're not guaranteed to win if you place them poorly.

Cons: Price Tag, First impression of Graphics, Interface Quirks

Immortal Defense is not without its faults, the most notable being the fact that the action can sometimes get very confusing. This is in part due to the design of the creeps, which are a bit too dark and hard to spot the one you really want to target. Another one may be the price tag. With so many enjoyable freeware defense games around, it's easy to summarily dismiss this game's price as "too high". The guys at RPGCreations probably know this, and that's why they put together a very, very long freeware demo version. The demo alone can last 3 or even 4 hours depending on how much you want to improve each single level score, and that's more than enough play time to help you decide whether the game is worth $22.95 or not. In the meantime, go download the demo and have a psychedelic tower-defensive trip with it.
--- End quote ---

On the plus side: (link contains spoilers)

ISN'T $23 TOO MUCH FOR THIS GAME / AN INDIE GAME?

That's up to you to decide. There's also half-off offer if you link to the game from your website or blog or Myspace or Facebook or whatever. And if you're really poor (16 and don't have a job, living in a third world nation where $23 is food for a month, etc.) email me and if you're convincing I might send it to you for free. And as for indie games, most of them actually are $20 -- go check out some indie game portals like Manifesto Games and see for yourself, the vast majority of indie games are around the $20 mark, and some (such as popular indie games Jets'n'Guns and Aquaria) are $30. I also try changing the price around occasionally, for a few months it'll be $15, etc.
--- End quote ---

Most reminded me of:

Fallout meets Dungeon Keeper 2

Not quite as interactive but it's written uniquely enough that like both of those games, the linearability wouldn't bother most gamers including people who are into it for the story.

It's also very post-apocalyptic and metaphysical so for those not into that kind of storytelling, it might not be for you. (though I'm not a fan and loved it)

hankjmatt:
If you want to have any hope of getting anywhere in "medium" difficulty, you'll need to modify the maps to give you more money and mana.  The game is good, but the default maps in it are insanely difficult. "Hiway", the second map, is impossible to complete without modifying the map settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version