ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

StarWreck full movie spoof on star trek and babylon 9 (english subs)

<< < (3/6) > >>

NickW:
Carol! How long ago did you do it that you've already forgotten which program you used!?!
Having written that, I can't remember what I did this morning, I have to write little notes so that I don't forget all the things I need to do.
How's the blog/forum going!?!

Carol Haynes:
So far I have setup two experimental blog sites (both using MySQL and PHP), two wikis (both using PHP+text files, one with PHP+MySQL)
and a Drupal based site - boy is that impressive !!!

If you want to have a look (no content yet but you can get the idea) checkout ...

www.lairdswood.com/drupal

www.lairdswood.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php (yes I know I can't spell, this uses text based files to store the 'pages')
www.lairdswood.com/mediawiki

www.lairdswood.com/weblogs (based on bblog)
www.lairdswood.com/weblogs/wordpress

So far I am most impressed with Drupal (is there anything it doesn't do out of the box?)

Of the others PMWiki is quick and easy to setup and has few overheads, MediaWiki has becaome a standard (though it isn't that easy to set up or manage from the limited look I have had), no so impressed with bblog - the blog pages look ok but the whole thing feels a bit amateurish, WordPress is quite impressive (but it was hard to set up as there was a PHP bug which has survived various version updates - ridiculous).

Drupal installation was quite complicated (it meant getting your hands dirty in MySQL and if you want to prefix all your tables you have to manually edit some scripts). It wasn't helped by the fact the latest version requires a later PHP than my provider supports, and all the documentation refers tot he latest version (which is different)!!!

I'm going to write up a full description of my experiements ... coming soon

NickW:
I'm impressed.

<b>Note:</b> the pmwiki link is forbidden - access permissions.

Carol Haynes:
The post is edited - try again now (mea culpa)

Nighted:
Star Wreck is hilarious! I love how it starts when he comes on to the bridge.  ;D I had tears coming out of my eyes I was laughing so hard. The copy I got is AVI and looks absolutely amazing. I hope to see more films come out like this. This wouldn't be possible without file sharing clients.

Hey Cliff, I'll definitely start a review of eMule for next week. It's going to take some time because there are so many features in the program.

File sharing is really great. A lot of websites are beginning to use ed2k links for distributing there files as it can really take a large burdon off of their bandwidth.  Also ed2k links allow anyone to host a file without having to know how to set up an FTP or having  to purchase a shell account and a domain.

Great for bands, film makers (as this topic conveys), software developers, any one. Like many things in life it can be used for good or evil. File sharing programs don't steal copy righted material, people steal copy righted material.

More in the review....it could end up being more of a fanatical rant than a review though because I really love the client. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version