ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I want to browse thru my documents (pdfs, pics, word, rtf, and so on...) ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

JeffK:
Yes, elpresi, Darwin was right after all.  You can get what you want with Directory Opus and the view can be saved doing a "Lister" whose format can be saved.

Directory Opus is a great program but I have never purchased it mainly because of the price - $US60

Regards,

Jeff

elpresi:
Thanks Jeffk,

I checked Directory Opus flat view after reading your post, but it doesn't behave as I would like.
The flat view does not stick, neither can you expand/collapse as you wish the desired folders (the flat view fully expands the selected folder). I would like the flat view to behave in the exact same manner as a regular folder tree.
It seems that only PIM/Outliners do what I want, but alas only for data contained within their DB file :-(

Oh well ...

Darwin:
Hi elpresi,

If you have a demo of Dopus installed, head over to either of the user forums that I listed above - the regulars on both of them are amazing at helping people solve problems/wring the maximum out of Dopus. Dopus is amazingly configureable and I am sure that there is a way to do what you wish. Describe what you would like it to do and someone will tell you how. At the very least you'll be given a definitive answer about its ability (or lack thereof) to be set up as you wish.

As an aside, Dopus ships with a plug-in that allows you to use the Stellent viewers to view files from within Dopus. I purchased QuickView Plus 8 to allow me to do this about two years ago; today you can get the same filters for free by installing Yahoo Desktop Search and configuring the plug-in to use the viewers that come with YDS. You don't even have to keep YDS installed - just move the Stellent directory out of the Yahoo folder and direct Dopus to use that, then uninstall YDS. Simple (but be sure to install the viewer expansion pack as well - before you uninstall Yahoo).

elpresi:
Darwin,
thanks for the very interesting YDS tip :-)
I will look DOpus further

Darwin:
Glad to be of help! Let us know how you make out with this.

Best,

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version