ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SyncBackSE vs. SuperFlexible

<< < (2/16) > >>

DBC:
a forum is nice to have though too  :-\
-tomos (November 01, 2007, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. All things being more-or-less equal, I tend to prefer software that has a forum or mailing-list - providing members use it, of course. 

DBC

DBC:
It's not a backup software per se, but it does the same... have you tried SyncToy? Free tool from MS. I have a portable HD. It compares the two and copies just what's relevant. Many options. I use contribute so the backup includes stuff I've deleted.
-PPLandry (November 01, 2007, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. It looks as though it does basic synchronizing well, but I need something that does differential backups and so on. I use TotalCommander for any basic sync'ing I do.   

DBC

DBC:
DBC, test them all and find what you like...

Therefore, I think you misunderstand the nature of delta synchronization, which is a process method, not an algorithm. You can create a variety of algorithms to run a delta synchronization of your files.

-zridling (November 01, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

So much so, that I didn't even realise that that was what I was talking about  :-[ As far as I can see, though, both SFFS and SyncBackSE would do what I want (differential backups with versioning). I'm just interested in why people are apparently migrating from the latter to the former - if this is what is happening. Any donationcoder members still using SyncBackSE?

DBC

mwb1100:
Any donationcoder members still using SyncBackSE?
-DBC (November 01, 2007, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - I haven't tried SFFS because I'm happy with SyncBackSE.  From a brief look at feature lists, it seems that SFFS might have some more powerful features, but I don't need them and SyncBackSE has plenty of options and features, too.  I think that Zaine's advice to try them both is what you need to do.  Sometimes, a lot of what makes a program good (or bad) boils down to personal preference.  If your SyncBackSE trial has expired, try shooting them an email for an extension, some outfits will do that.

KenR:
... Any donationcoder members still using SyncBackSE?
DBC
-DBC (November 01, 2007, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I still use SyncBackSE. I have looked at SF about 4 times. I have tried earnestly to see what everyone's enthusiasm is with SF and I just don't. So, there is at least 1 left. :)

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version