ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PalmOS Software Development/IDE

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
I am on the hunt for a software development IDE for the PalmOS v5. Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware although not required, suite that allows application development for the Palm OS?

tabletguy:
I've used NsBasic for several years and versions, and it has performed well with some complicated commercial applications that I've written.

http://www.nsbasic.com/

Palm also has a developer site, which you can register for free (last time I checked), and download their development environment (C, C++, I think).

cnewtonne:
Subscribe for free in PDN and get their eclipse IDE along with all required OS and devices SDKs. This is what you need to get started. Once you see yourself serious about it and ready for a commitment. You got to learn and use Code Worrier. It is the standard defacto industry recognized solution.

For curiosity, though, why are you developing for POS now. It has been dying and has no future.

Josh:
No Future? I see people using palms day in and day out. Heck, palm just released centro and have new devices slated for release. Palm is great at what it does, far more stable than Windows Mobile, and has a very large following.

Armando:
No Future? I see people using palms day in and day out. Heck, palm just released centro and have new devices slated for release. Palm is great at what it does, far more stable than Windows Mobile, and has a very large following.
-Josh (November 01, 2007, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version