ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NEW Cody wallpapers for Halloween

<< < (2/8) > >>

nudone:
thanks for all the positive comments.

momonan, you have touched upon a delicate subject about the previous halloween image as it's something i was never really fond of.

but as it is you that makes the request i will upload it. i think it will also provide a good demonstration of how far Cody has progressed in style over the past 12 months.

Notice how the new version is really just and updated version of the 2006 scene with many of the same elements - but with more care and attention paid to them.

Halloween 2006

fullsize version of image: Cody-Halloween-2006.jpg (184.39 kB. 1600x1200 - viewed 648 times.)

Renegade:
WOW! That's a huge change! And all for the better! The new ones are simply spectacular. Already saw the first one, but I really like the second one too - is that Von Cody? :)

Is that Illustrator and Photoshop, or Lightwave or another 3D package?

Ralf Maximus:
Holy smokes, these are cool.  Little Miss Maximus will be quite thrilled.  :-)

My favorite is Reboot, for this simple bit of detail:

nudone:
many thanks. i'm really thrilled that people are picking up on different details within the pictures.

as for the software used to create them. i force myself to use Adobe Illustrator and nothing else. This makes certain parts of the images very cumbersome to produce, things like shading and blurs would probably be better done in Photoshop but it wouldn't be as challenging for me to do that way. i deliberately set myself the challenge to only use Adobe Illustrator - using a combination of programs would have been quicker but it would have felt like cheating. okay, i cheated at bit at the end to produce the different size wallpapers as it was taking quite a long time to rasterize the final images in Illustrator.

i'll be posting a few tutorials on wtfcody.com on the different techniques used to create the pictures. i think one or two will be surprising methods even to veteran Illustrator users.

tomos:
and the BOOK:

Beginner's
Bird Brain
Transplants
 :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version