ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tourettes extension for FireFox

<< < (2/2)

Ralf Maximus:
It's kind of neat they included the sourcecode, so you could create your own friendly, happy, environmentally PC version if you want.

Edvard:
OK, let me bring a little sanity here...
This extension is ACTUALLY trying to mimic Coprolalia which is a less-common-but-widely-publicized subset of symptoms of Tourette Syndrome, which is actually a serious disorder.
I'm not trying to damp anyone's fun, just that some people might not find it funny for very different reasons...

Ralf Maximus:
OK, let me bring a little sanity here...
This extension is ACTUALLY trying to mimic Coprolalia which is a less-common-but-widely-publicized subset of symptoms of Tourette Syndrome, which is actually a serious disorder.
I'm not trying to damp anyone's fun, just that some people might not find it funny for very different reasons...
-Edvard (October 30, 2007, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for defining the distinction.  I've known people with Tourettes and never understood the fine differences.

And for what it's worth, I've had a lot of experience with mental illness in family & friends (schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, OCD, Alzheimer's, Tourettes) and bottom line, if you can't laugh about it you end up crying all the time.

Edvard:
bottom line, if you can't laugh about it you end up crying all the time.
--- End quote ---

Hear, hear!!   :Thmbsup:

Nighted:
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version