ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Postcards from DC members

<< < (4/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
i just checked with the post authority and i can't do that because of the different dimensions.. :( maybe a img2postcard utility could fix that..:)
-lanux128 (October 28, 2007, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since my photos are nothing like as stunning as yours, I just crop whatever I want to postcard size and print that. Then I print the message/address side, align the two and it's done. I find this a good way to stay in touch with people (mainly relatives) who aren't into email. Carol's reference to Avery pre-cut stock is worth noting too.

lanux128:
wow! those pics of lotus ponds are even more stunning.. :) i can't help wondering about how clean the area is.. now, compare that to mine, there is at least three foreign items (read: garbage) in the pond.. i also have been googling but there is not much resources. anyway found this link..

• 3 Easy Ways to Make Postcards from Your Photos (And Brighten Someone’s Day)

lanux128:
Since my photos are nothing like as stunning as yours, I just crop whatever I want to postcard size and print that. Then I print the message/address side, align the two and it's done. I find this a good way to stay in touch with people (mainly relatives) who aren't into email. Carol's reference to Avery pre-cut stock is worth noting too.-cranioscopical (October 29, 2007, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

hehe, you are being modest.. it looks like i have to do the same too even though it is a dare to send the pic as a postcard.. btw, i need some info on the "align the two" part. do you print on two sets of paper & stick them together?

cranioscopical:
i need some info on the "align the two" part. do you print on two sets of paper & stick them together?
-lanux128 (October 29, 2007, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I made a quick and dirty template with crop marks, sized according to the local mail's 'postcard rules'. It's all very low tech.  :)

The photo goes on heavy, glossy stock and the reverse goes on a self-adhesive sheet.
This gives a good printing surface for the front (image) side and adds a little more body when the reverse is applied.
It also lets me put whatever marks I need on the address side (e.g. "AIR MAIL").
Normally I print the address and usually, given the deplorable state of my handwriting, the  message as well.

I'm working on printing the stamps, too  ;)

lanux128:
thanks for the info, cranioscopical.. i'll start with the print dimension template & see how things turn out.. :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version