ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Postcards from DC members

<< < (3/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
maybe i'll just print them & write the address on the reverse-side and try posting them. would it work? :)
-lanux128 (October 28, 2007, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Works for me. When I do that I use premium photo stock for the image and add a piece of medium-weight self-adhesive sheet for the address/message side.

lanux128:
i just checked with the post authority and i can't do that because of the different dimensions.. :( maybe a img2postcard utility could fix that..:)

tomos:
i just checked with the post authority and i can't do that because of the different dimensions.. :( maybe a img2postcard utility could fix that..:)
-lanux128 (October 28, 2007, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
if you crop your image  :-\ ??
here you're allowed to range between 2 different sets of dimensions

I like the make your own postcard image [or customise one] idea!!
photo(s), collage, photocopy, photoshop whatever
makes it more personal on the front as well as on the back :)

rjbull:
You could used to buy sticky labels printed like the backs of postcards from photography suppliers.  You stuck your photo on the front and got an instant postcard.  Haven't seen them for a while, though, probably overtaken by e-mail attachments  :(

Carol Haynes:
in the days before internet, i remember sending postcards to quite a few shareware authors who made their programs postcard-wares.. but nowadays since i tend to capture interesting landmarks and landscape around the area where i work digitally, maybe i'll just print them & write the address on the reverse-side and try posting them. would it work? :)

Titiwangsa Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur (see attachment in previous post)

-lanux128 (October 28, 2007, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice piccy!

Here are a few on a similar theme I took in Mississagi Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada in 2005:

And here was my favourite photo of the trip (take at Pancake Bay on Lake Superior):

By the way back on topic there is the thread I started called Let's Get to Know Each Other which has lots of photos - and was my original idea for the thread (unfortunately the first few posts seem to have been lost from the thread but it is still going strong - though people don't seem to post as many photos of their location these days).

Don't know about other countries but in the UK you can buy blank postcards with the usual arrangement on the back for message, address, stamp etc. which you should be able to print directly onto.

One example is Avery. They aren't the cheapest but they do produce edge-to-edge compatible inkjet printable postcards.

This google search brought up a lot of potential products

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version