ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Teledildonics — build your dream (virtual) sex machine

<< < (5/6) > >>

mouser:
This thread may have outlived it's usefulness but I just want to note that I think the original post by EmporerEJ was on topic and should not have been deleted.  Everyone is right to be on the lookout for spam posts -- but when someone posts a reply to a real topic on the forum, pointing out that they sell a product directly related to the subject matter being discussed, that's not spam.  One must always be wary of someone starting a post for the express reason to pretend to mention their product in a reply -- but this clearly wasn't the case here.  Just my 2 cents.

tinjaw:
Since Jesse has chimed in, I will speak up. This isn't meant to knock the moderator, but instead to complement EmporerEJ. I read the original post and thought it was a great example of the proper way to add direct input from a vendor. The post was on topic, succinct, and struck a fine balance between informing potential adult customers about a taboo subject on a family-friendly forum. Enough information was provided for an adult to find EmporerEJ's website without posting a graphic image or a direct link. Often "first post"s from a vendor injecting themselves into a thread are a spewing of marketing propaganda several paragraphs long that could have been said in a few sentences and a link.

Ralf Maximus:
I read the original post and thought it was a great example of the proper way to add direct input from a vendor. The post was on topic, succinct, and struck a fine balance between informing potential adult customers about a taboo subject on a family-friendly forum.
-tinjaw (October 31, 2007, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hear, hear. 

Plus, bonus points for injecting the word "teledildonics" into a real conversation.

jgpaiva:
I was the mod who deleted the post.
I'm very sorry, but i understood it as a spam post, not related to the original topic. Sorry, but sex-related posts advertising some kind of products are usually spam and i didn't read the post correctly.

Again, very sorry EmporerEJ. Maybe there is a way to get the post back to this thread?

mouser:
Thanks for the post jgpaiva, every forum on the internet should be so lucky to have such conscientious, reasonable, and alert people watching out for it.  I was asked recently by someone how on earth it was possible that there is so little spam on our forum when it seems to run rampant everywhere.  The answer is that we have great people like jgpaiva watching over the forum and removing spam posts before they take root.  So don't for a minute think that such work is unappreciated.

I have restored the post.

Now let's move on from this crazy topic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version