ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (7/14) > >>

Carol Haynes:
No just automatically updating transactions would be great !!!

m_s:
I think it's doing that for me... Or if it's not automatic, it's just a matter of pressing a button and it downloads and imports.

Carol Haynes:
If you look at the list you quoted above, it looks like Nationwide is the ONLY UK institution offering background bacnking in MS Money !!

Says it all really, well done for choosing Nationwide - maybe we should all move there to prove a point ...

Now where is my nearest 'Nationwide' branch ..... er, about 40 miles away I think ... bit of a trek for the hole in the wall ...

m_s:
So I ran Money 2004 for a few days, and was quite impressed by it, and then decided to buy 2005 (which I found on ebay for £17).  If you bank with Nationwide in the UK, and so have access to background banking, I think Money is really very good.  It certainly meets my needs, and I'm finding that using it is giving me a much clearer ongoing sense of what I have in the bank and what I owe - I guess that's another form of background banking. 

I also got hold of quite a good introductory book on money, Alvin Hall's 'Money for Life', which I found a good and simple read, and it's helped me to understand money matters a bit more.  I would recommend that to others who're as naive as I am about money.  I wrote to 'Dear Lifehacker' to see what advice they might come up with, and I received two very helpful personal responses, and then a topic on the website: http://www.lifehacker.com/software/personal-finance/ask-lifehacker-dollars-and-sense-132814.php

(I love Lifehacker! - thanks for introducing me to it, Mouser!  :) )

mouser:
great thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version