ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (5/14) > >>

m_s:
Hmmm.  I have an OEM copy of Works Suite, which has Money 2004.  I read that 2006 is a big improvement on that - or, rather, that 2005 was a big improvement, and 2006 is a tiny improvement on that!  I have downloaded a trial of Moneydance and will try it tonight.

Carol Haynes:
Let us know how you get on - if it supports UK bank systems I would be really interested.

To be fair the last version of Money I tried was 2003, but I couln'd be bothered using it any more and didn't see the point of buying new versions (esp. as there aren't discounts for upgrades).

m_s:
I've just installed it, and it's got a nice-looking Java-based interface, but it only has US financial institutions, although there is a manual setup option.  I think we'll find, as you suggest, Carol, that the difficulty is to do with UK institutions rather than with specific packages.  When I tried Money 2004 a few nights back, I was really quite impressed by it, and it did manage to connect to two of my institutions...  Maybe I should just bite the proverbial and pay £30 for it...  Except... you seem only to be able to get 2005 in the UK at the moment.

Carol Haynes:
Why not get Money 2005 instead of 2004? Or is it a question of cost?

See http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002WV7TO

m_s:
It's always a question of cost - which is why I need it!  ;)

I found the item cheaper at Misco, but the free postage from Amazon makes it the best deal!  I'll play some more with 2004 and maybe take the plunge tomorrow...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version