ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!

<< < (15/16) > >>

fritz57:
Hi,
    the exe [ v.1.1 ] is cool but it seem to me there is a two minor errorrs: i.e.
a) The time elapsed from installation date is wrong [ one year too much ] 
b) the  tick of the up time from reboot seem too fast respect the system clock on the tray bar i.e. when by the tray bar system clock the elapsed time is 5h 33 min the Install Date progs state a 6h 37 min elapsed [ quite strage :! ]

Anyway thanks for your code

federico

P.S.  here the image to show problem a) 

@thehop:
thx - fine Tool !  :)

But it differs two hours (Summertime?) from the WHS onboard tool netsh.exe (Network Command Shell)
[Startbutton] -> Run... -> netsh diag gui

Network Diagnostics
Network Diagnostics scans your system to gather information about your hardware, software, and network connections.

-> Scan your system
-> Set scanning options

... bla-bla ...

InstallDate = 09:44:34 11.07.2009
 LargeSystemCache = 0
 LastBootUpTime = 15:03:33 15.07.2009
 LocalDateTime = 04:00:45 16.07.2009
 Locale = 0c07
 Manufacturer = Microsoft Corporation
 MaxNumberOfProcesses = -1
 MaxProcessMemorySize = 2097024
 Name = Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server|C:\whs|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2
 NumberOfLicensedUsers = 10
--- End quote ---

cheerio

Markoul:

Yes but back in 2005 i have migrated my 2001 windows xp installation i had in my old nforce1 motherboard to my current (since 2005) nForce4 Machine using a backup Norton ghost image. This Methuselah installation dated back to 2001! ...  :o

It even survived and i did not reinstall windows XP, when in October 2006 i changed from my single core cpu to a dual core. This was be done with the help of a friend expert changing the installation Hall file. You can read in more detail here.  

I do not know how to prove my sayings to you? i am open to ideas ... The Windows Install Date Thingie reports the original Installation Windows XP date only for the specific current Motherboard.

The only thing i came up was to run a file search dated before 2004... and i came up with this results, see for your self:

Best Regards,

Markoul  :Thmbsup:

Digerati:
Sorry to dredge this up from the deep but I sure would not mind seeing a Windows Install Date Thingy "gadget" for Windows 7!  :D

kyrathaba:

How does the program calculate time since reboot?  The elapsed time shown may be correct for my laptop if we're talking about user-initiated reboot; but Windows OS automatically rebooted my machine sometime in the past two days, after updates were downloaded and installed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version