ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!

<< < (6/16) > >>

nite_monkey:
Dunno why yours is reporting something different.  What OS are you running?  Vista?
-Ralf Maximus (October 27, 2007, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Windows xp, because I would have to be stupid to use vista unless I bought a new computer, and didn't have a copy of xp to install on it, then I would use vista.
But it doesn't really matter to me, because I don't care when I installed windows, or how long it's been running.

Ralf Maximus:
Ralf, how are you retrieving uptime?
-f0dder (October 27, 2007, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

GetTickCount

Yes, I know: it rolls over every 49.3 days or something, and causes frog die-offs in Canada, and was blamed for the mass terror & hysteria at 11:59 on 1999, but it's the first thing I grabbed in the toolbox.

f0dder:
Ralf, how are you retrieving uptime?
-f0dder (October 27, 2007, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

GetTickCount

Yes, I know: it rolls over every 49.3 days or something, and causes frog die-offs in Canada, and was blamed for the mass terror & hysteria at 11:59 on 1999, but it's the first thing I grabbed in the toolbox.
-Ralf Maximus (October 27, 2007, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
*grin*

Didn't mean to criticize you, I just think it's too bad to have this flaw in an otherwise pretty nifty little tool. I have a snippet somewhere that grabs the uptime performance counter, which shouldn't roll over, I can look for it if you want to, dunno if it's easy to get working with VB though.

Ralf Maximus:
Sure, send it on.  And I didn't take it as criticism, far from it.  Thanks for playing with my toys!

tomos:
I think Brett has beat me by a nose, or whatever
I'm currently on this one

without the help of imaging software, no partitions, well C:  :)
3GB free out of 60 at this stage..

It has worked very well over the 4yrs 9months - running into lots of little problems lately but think that might be more to do with being overly full  :-[

In fairness I moved to new computer about a month ago (install 6 weeks old)
Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!
and
plan to do a cleanout/reinstall/etc on the older before I forget all the stuff I learnt sorting out new pc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version