ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 - Official Bug Tracking and Feature Request Thread

<< < (19/24) > >>

oblivion:
Saw some very odd behaviour with the new version of FARR, but I'm not sure I can reproduce it again.

Basically, I was interfering with it quite a lot, looking for ways to make it faster and otherwise customise it. Decided, several months late, to watch the screencasts.

Excellent screencasts.  :Thmbsup:

So I got to the point of customising the fonts. I set the editbox and small fonts to Verdana (in 14 and 9 point) and the large font to Andre, 20.

Then I started playing with the line heights.

The small font lineheight controls went a tiny bit nuts. The result height box was the only one that was settable, and everywhere within the window to its left functioned as if I'd hit the left arrow, and everywhere to its right (including the slideline height control and the OK button!) functioned as if I'd hit the right arrow.

Aggravatingly, I can't now duplicate it, which probably means I did something else too.

Oh, I forced the thing into small mode before I started tweaking it, hang on... aha. That's the one. Force the results to the small font then open options and tweak the font settings.  :o

I've also had a play with the tiddlywiki and gtd wiki things. Both have infuriating aspects that are undoubtedly their fault rather than FARR's, but while playing I found myself in IE a couple of times, leading me to wonder if it's possible to make FARR use the default browser (at least for external links) rather than invoking IE...

...which leads onto another point, which is more a suggestion: there's another standalone wiki that I think is FAR(R) easier to use than tiddly: WikiOnAStick.

wjamoe:
Hi,

I made an alias 'fdebug' for showing all the standard variable values.
All values work fine except for %COMPUTERNAME%.

this is the alias

var userprofile = %USERPROFILE% |
var username = %USERNAME% |
var alluserprofile = %ALLUSERSPROFILE% |
var mydocuments = %MYDOCUMENTS% |
var myfavorites = %MYFAVORITES% |
var mydesktop = %MYDESKTOP% |
var alldesktop = %ALLDESKTOP% |
var mystartmenu = %MYSTARTMENU% |
var commonstartmenu = %COMMONSTARTMENU% |
var programfiles = %PROGRAMFILES% |
var mypictures = %MYPICTURES% |
var mymusic = %MYMUSIC% |
var myvideo = %MYVIDEO% |
var myappdata = %MYAPPDATA% |
var commonappdata = %COMMONAPPDATA% |
var commonmusic = %COMMONMUSIC% |
var commonpictures = %COMMONPICTURES% |
var commonvideo = %COMMONVIDEO% |
var fonts = %FONTS% |
var systemdir = %SYSTEMDIR% |
var farrdir = %FARRDIR% |
var configdir = %CONFIGDIR% |
var faruserdata = %FARRUSERDATADIR% - MyLocalData in FARR path place to store user settings and user-modifiable files |
var aliasdir = %ALIASDIR% - When specifying alias commands you may occasionally want to refer to the home directory of the alias |
var plugindir = %PLUGINDIR% - Directory of currently triggered plugin|
var appdrive = %APPDRIVE% - Will be something like based on drive where findandrunrobot was launched |
var computername = %COMPUTERNAME% -- replaced with current computer name |
var lasthwnd = %LASTHWND% - integer value referring to the last window handle that had focus before FARR was triggered |
var lasturl = %LASTURL% - last url navigated or set in internal web browser |
var lasturlset = %LASTURLSET% - last url explicitly set by alias/plugin in web browser |
var customfilebrowser = %CUSTOMFILEBROWSER% - user configured custom file browser string |
var customewebbrowser = %CUSTOMWEBBROWSER% - user configured custom web browser string |
var maxresults = %MAXRESULTS% - current number of max results to show in results, based on search |
var maxresultsdef = %MAXRESULTSDEF% - option set by user for default max results to show in results |
var maxresultsext = %MAXRESULTSEXT% - option set by user for extended max results to show in results |
var lastweberrors = %LASTWEBERRORS% - blank if no web script errors since last web page load, or text of errors |
var searchbox = %SEARCHBOX% - contents of current search box as shown|
var searchstring = %SEARCHSTRING% - current search string; may differ from search box based on alias dosearch manipulations |
var currentresult = %CURRENTRESULT% - currently selected result; useful for creating hotkeys that use it, etc; blank if nothing selected |
var currentresultnb = %CURRENTRESULTNB% - same as above, but = first result if nothing selected |
var aliasprefix = %ALIASPREFIX% - optional prefix for aliasses |

this is part of the output of above command
          var appdrive = C: - Will be something like based on drive where findandrunrobot was laun
          var computername = %COMPUTERNAME% -- replaced with current computer name         
          var lasthwnd = 329194 - integer value referring to the last window handle that had focus
I expected COMPUTERNAME to be replaced by the computername
Is this a bug?

wiem, NL

(farr version april 2012)

mouser:
Nice work  :up:

Can you share your fdebug alias?
I will test and fix farr if its not replacing %COMPUTERNAME%.

wjamoe:
Mouser, I've included the farr alias export code to display all the environment variables.

it is just the code as provided above between 'this is the alias'
until 'this is part of the output' containing the problem
just copy paste except for the [  b ] and [ / b ] bold markings which i used to highlight the problem area
nothing special for the name, just ' fdebug'

--- Code: Text ---1000>>>fdebug>->var userprofile = %USERPROFILE% |>n>var username = %USERNAME% |>n>var alluserprofile = %ALLUSERSPROFILE% |>n>var mydocuments = %MYDOCUMENTS% |>n>var myfavorites = %MYFAVORITES% |>n>var mydesktop = %MYDESKTOP% |>n>var alldesktop = %ALLDESKTOP% |>n>var mystartmenu = %MYSTARTMENU% |>n>var commonstartmenu = %COMMONSTARTMENU% |>n>var programfiles = %PROGRAMFILES% |>n>var mypictures = %MYPICTURES% |>n>var mymusic = %MYMUSIC% |>n>var myvideo = %MYVIDEO% |>n>var myappdata = %MYAPPDATA% |>n>var commonappdata = %COMMONAPPDATA% |>n>var commonmusic = %COMMONMUSIC% |>n>var commonpictures = %COMMONPICTURES% |>n>var commonvideo = %COMMONVIDEO% |>n>var fonts = %FONTS% |>n>var systemdir = %SYSTEMDIR% |>n>var farrdir = %FARRDIR% |>n>var configdir = %CONFIGDIR% |>n>var faruserdata = %FARRUSERDATADIR% - MyLocalData in FARR path place to store user settings and user-modifiable files |>n>var aliasdir = %ALIASDIR% - When specifying alias commands you may occasionally want to refer to the home directory of the alias |>n>var plugindir = %PLUGINDIR% - Directory of currently triggered plugin|>n>var appdrive = %APPDRIVE% - Will be something like based on drive where findandrunrobot was launched |>n>var computername = %COMPUTERNAME% -- replaced with current computer name |>n>var lasthwnd = %LASTHWND% - integer value referring to the last window handle that had focus before FARR was triggered |>n>var lasturl = %LASTURL% - last url navigated or set in internal web browser |>n>var lasturlset = %LASTURLSET% - last url explicitly set by alias/plugin in web browser |>n>var customfilebrowser = %CUSTOMFILEBROWSER% - user configured custom file browser string |>n>var customewebbrowser = %CUSTOMWEBBROWSER% - user configured custom web browser string |>n>var maxresults = %MAXRESULTS% - current number of max results to show in results, based on search |>n>var maxresultsdef = %MAXRESULTSDEF% - option set by user for default max results to show in results |>n>var maxresultsext = %MAXRESULTSEXT% - option set by user for extended max results to show in results |>n>var lastweberrors = %LASTWEBERRORS% - blank if no web script errors since last web page load, or text of errors |>n>var searchbox = %SEARCHBOX% - contents of current search box as shown|>n>var searchstring = %SEARCHSTRING% - current search string; may differ from search box based on alias dosearch manipulations |>n>var currentresult = %CURRENTRESULT% - currently selected result; useful for creating hotkeys that use it, etc; blank if nothing selected |>n>var currentresultnb = %CURRENTRESULTNB% - same as above, but = first result if nothing selected |>n>var aliasprefix = %ALIASPREFIX% - optional |>+>^fdebug
wiem

wjamoe:
tiny bug, while farr is still searching (updating results frame) and you right click on a filename, not being the 1st filename in the search results frame, the results area blanks and the context menu appears on the line where you clicked. When you select "Properties.." from the context menu. The displayed properties are not for the selected file, but for the first file in the result frame. After displaying the properties, farr populates the results frame. You will now also see the name of the first file in the results area again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version