ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 - Official Bug Tracking and Feature Request Thread

<< < (4/24) > >>

mouser:
lets try to see if #1 and #2 can both be solved by editing your configdir.ini file in the FARR program files directory and setting it to store the data file where you want it to.

#3 someone reported, i have to look into it.

#4 i suspect is a windows7 "feature" that may not be possible to fix.

tranglos:
lets try to see if #1 and #2 can both be solved by editing your configdir.ini file in the FARR program files directory and setting it to store the data file where you want it to.

#3 someone reported, i have to look into it.

#4 i suspect is a windows7 "feature" that may not be possible to fix.
-mouser (January 17, 2010, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser, I think #3 is the only candidate for an actual bug in FARR. The others are just "stuff that happens to me when running FARR on 7". Points #1 and #2 indicate an awesome potential for problems and data loss; I'm seeing other apps that completely forget their settings, whether stored in userdata folders or in the registry. Suddenly after reboot I start an app and all the settings are gone.

This, just like FARR's forgetting its history, happens entirely randomly, once every few reboots, but it's of course terribly annoying, and I shudder to think what else it might lead to. For just this reason I'll be reverting to XP right away.

tranglos:
I think #3 is the only candidate for an actual bug in FARR.-tranglos (January 17, 2010, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

And now I can report that the Properties menu item works fine on XP, in the same version of FARR.

Scott:
[moved to new thread. why can't we delete posts?]

Alien282:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a feature request. :)

I want to be able to start typing something and then when I click CTRL + UP (i.e. "invoke" history) the history which will be displayed will be only of these things that match in the beginning the letters I have written. Yeah, I have difficulty expressing myself in english. :) Example:

In FARR I write:

aaadd
bbbbb
aaaaa
ccccc

So I have this in my history. Then, when I type "a" and press CTRL + UP I want to get "aaaaa" and not "ccccc" as is now. Then, if I press CTRL + UP AGAIN I want to get "aaadd". And so on. Would REALLY love this feature. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version