ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 - Official Bug Tracking and Feature Request Thread

<< < (3/24) > >>

mouser:
that's strange.. i can maybe guess what the problem is though -- the search area actually has a place for a toolbar to the right of it.
see if you can expand the window width far enough to get it back, and then drag the right end of the search box to enlarge it.

mavromatis:
that's strange.. i can maybe guess what the problem is though -- the search area actually has a place for a toolbar to the right of it.
see if you can expand the window width far enough to get it back, and then drag the right end of the search box to enlarge it.
-mouser (August 07, 2009, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. That worked it out. I found the search area in the second monitor and brought back.

karolisk:
Hi,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this bug, but for me sometimes FARR gets stuck. It somehow gets inactive so I can't write anything or press exit button, but it still shows menu if I press right mouse button on it or in system tray icon. The only was to solve it that i found is restart.

Let me know if you have any ideas how to solve it or if you need more info, thanks.

koro:
I've noticed something with the tray menu. It often happens that when i click on the tray icon to open the menu, the menu background is black (so you can't read anything, you just see the icons). I think this may be related to using custom background colors (i use light colors for the results list and the search box, but it seems to me that this problem started when I started using custom colors. Might as well be a coincidence, since I have only recently started using FARR (I'm running the latest version, 2.80.02.

tranglos:
A few small things I've experienced on Win7, FARR 2.80.02:

1. Launch history sometimes disappears after reboot. Lame, I know, but I'm not seeing any regularity. I installed 7 just a day before, so have been rebooting plenty of times in the last 48 hours while installing updates etc. In this time I have seen FARR history going completely blank right after reboot maybe three or four times, but not always.

2a. Even though I have remapped "My documents" to a folder on secondary hard drive (where I keep all my data), FARR still keeps its settings under c:\Users\user\Documents\DonationCoder\ folder. This may or may not have anything to do with the memory loss above.

2b. Perhaps My Documents is not the best place to store configuration data? Config files are not really "documents" that most users edit. Why not save FARR config under c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\, where DcUpdater data lives?

3. When a list of results is displayed, right-click an item and click Properties. Result: nothing happens. No error, no message, just nothing :) The Shell Context Menu command works, though.

4. FARR does not show up on Pause key press when the focused window belongs to an "elevated" process, i.e. one that required a UAC confirmation. (Many other system-wide hotkeys do not work then either, so it's not really a FARR-specific issue.) This particular problem seems to have gone away after completely disabling UAC and rebooting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version