ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

is the site slow this morning?

(1/1)

mouser:
I'm trying to work with the web host to figure out why the site slows down sometimes and how to fix it..
part of the problem is that it seems to come and go..
seems a bit slow this morning though (sep 30).

maybe people could post here when the site seems slow to them or email me, so we can give the hosting provider some clues to help track the problem..

Carol Haynes:
I have found it consistently quite slow for the last few days. Whatever link I click on the Firefox status bar always says "Wating for ..." for a good few seconds. Pages load quite quickly when they load but there is always a protracted pause before it starts to load. Sometimes posting times out altogether.

mouser:
anyone with any experience tuning web server settings for optimum performance?

this is what was suggested to us to try to improve site speed:
"I might suggest trying to install a program like EAccellerator to help improve PHP's performance and
tuning the mySQL my.cnf file (/etc/my.cnf) for better mySQL performance.  That might help drop the load a bit. "

mouser:
rest assured, we are going to get these speed issues resolved.
our current host PowerVps.com has been quite good and i have nothing but good things to say about them,
but it may just be that the plan we are on is not sufficient for our traffic, and we can't really afford the next plan level,
so if we can't get the speed fixed here we will try moving to another host.

Nighted:
I believe that I noticed some lag too. It sounds like a bandwidth issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version