ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Auto-show on-screen-keyboard for touchscreen application?

(1/1)

gjehle:
Hey fellow DCers,

I was wondering if there is any on-screen-keyboard solution that automatically pops up the moment an edit control gets focus.
Any recommendations?

rjbull:
I was wondering if there is any on-screen-keyboard solution that automatically pops up the moment an edit control gets focus.
Any recommendations?
-gjehle (October 23, 2007, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

This probably won't help, but KeePass has an optional extra screen keyboard - here's part of the readme file:

The on-screen keyboard for KeePass is based on Randy More's
on-screen keyboard implementation for pen computing and touchscreens.
You can find his original sources and article here:
http://www.codeproject.com/samples/onscreenkeyboard.asp

--- End quote ---

gjehle:
the main thing here is, that if i focus a control that needs keyboard input (textbox, etc) the on-screen-keyboard should pop up automatically.
i've found a couple of virtual keyboards already, but none have this feature

mouser:
thats a nice idea.. wouldn't this be a good coding snack -- a program that detects when you are in an editbox or other edit control and launches a configured application when you are?

post it in the coding snacks request section, this seems like something right up skrommel (or some other ahk coder) alley.

gjehle:
thats a nice idea.. wouldn't this be a good coding snack -- a program that detects when you are in an editbox or other edit control and launches a configured application when you are?

post it in the coding snacks request section, this seems like something right up skrommel (or some other ahk coder) alley.
-mouser (October 23, 2007, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

good idea!
doing that right now

coding snack idea: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10520.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version