ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (9/146) > >>

Armando:
The same thing happens with other plug-ins, like the locate32 one.

Duchess of Argyll:
Thank you for having created a site that not only helps people like me who are learning the in's and out's of using a computer. I will try it for a while and should I be as impressed as I am at the moment I will make a donation towards your very well set up work. Once again Thank You.
Patricia  :-*

arsan:
This is an excellent launcher. Thank you for creating this fine program.

Just a little doubt.

In the older version (1.13.01) I could see a lot of items. I'm used to seeing 27 items together as shown in the screenshot:

In the newer version I can see fewer items at a time. I prefer the list view instead of the detail view so that I could see lots of choices in a relatively small launch window.

I cannot find the list view in the newer version. Is it removed or is it just me?

Kailef:
Just a quick comment.  I used Launchy for quite some time, without even knowing that FARR existed.  Having found it last week, it has instantly replaced Launchy.  It is so unbelievably superior that it's not even worth discussing.  At all.  Seriously.

Got a couple questions and comments.  First off, I haven't run into any problems since installing the latest beta.  I haven't exactly been stressing it to the breaking point, though.  I'll try harder.

Second - And I may have simply not noticed this feature, so pardon me if I'm just being dumb - But, is there a way to tell FARR to completely ignore a certain filetype extension?  I know you can lower a particular extension's weight, which more or less does the same thing if you make the negative value high enough, so maybe it's a waste of time to implement this suggestion.  But, if there was a right-click contextual menu entry that said "ignore this filetype extension" or something of that nature, it would be handy.

Third, and this is just a question on mechanics - Does FARR create an index like Launchy and Key Launch.  (Key Launch can be found here: http://www.konradp.com/products/keylaunch/?underline_app=keylaunch but it's definitely not as good as FARR)

And lastly, I agree with Arsan's above comment - Although I have never actually used anything other than the current beta of FARR, I do like the idea of being able to see multiple columns as his image depicts, because sometimes I'm looking for an app or document that has a very similar name to others.

Anyhow, great product, light years ahead of everything else in my opinion.

jgpaiva:
Hey Kailef!
Thanks a lot for your post, i bet mouser will love to read it ;)

In the meantime, here are some of your answers:

RE ignore file extention:
You can right-click a file and set the pattern to *.FILEEXTENSION, and the score to -9999. That'll make it not come up anymore. It's true that it's not exactly a one-click-ignore-extension solution, but imagine if you had a right-click entry for "ignore pattern", "ignore this file", "ignore this extension", etc ;)

RE index:
No, currently farr doesn't support indexing, but Okke has made the terific locate plugin, which acomplishes something close to that ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version