ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (135/146) > >>

mouser:
I created a duplicate copy of cpanel in myaliases and named it "cp". (I also do this on my main account to save keystrokes.) Afterwards, the real "cpanel" aliases were still working ok, but the custom alias "cp" all showed a generic icon.
--- End quote ---
I'll have to go remind myself about creating duplicate aliases.  It may simply be that it copies the alias but the icons aren't in the new alias directory so they aren't being found.

One thing you should check out though is that FARR now has a "Quick Search Words" area specifically designed to make it easy for you to specify shorthands for things, so if you just added
cp=cpanel
To that, you could type cp instead of cpanel.

Ishmaeel:
...It may simply be that it copies the alias but the icons aren't in the new alias directory so they aren't being found.
-mouser (February 22, 2018, 01:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ding! That was exactly the case with my test profile. Everything was working after I copied all icons to [Documents]\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom

"Quick Search Words"
-mouser (February 22, 2018, 01:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that's a much cleaner solution now, isn't it?  :-[

I still will need to use a custom alias for the time being though, because at least one of the cpanel aliases is not updated to show up on Win10 (namely, "Region").

mouser:
can you give me a tip for fixing Region?

Ishmaeel:
can you give me a tip for fixing Region?
-mouser (February 22, 2018, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I set the winvermin to 6.1 (as opposed to 6.3), it starts working for me. Dunno if it would break anything for other people though.

--- ---Region | %windir%\system32\control.exe international /ICON=Region.ico /winvermin=6.1 /winvermax=6.3

Ishmaeel:
...I'll post an update here if I can figure out what it is.
-Ishmaeel (February 22, 2018, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that's embarassing. Turns out something was wrong with the *.ico file associations in my profile. I don't know what exactly fixed the issue, but I reset/deleted several different things and all is fine now. Sorry about the bother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version