ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (134/146) > >>

mouser:
ok i will look into it and report back soon.. it's good timing, so hopefully i'll have a fix this week.

Filipe Meira Castro:
Regarding icons, it could be really handy to add a feature/option to show batchfiles icons in a different way:

if a batchfile named "testfile.bat" has, in the same folder, an icon file "testfile.ico" it could use that icon instead.

(I often use batchfiles, but don't want use a tool like bat2exe to embed the icon because the antivirus incorrectly usually detect the output exe as a virus)

:D

mouser:
Strange, testing it on a vmware windows 10, the cpanel alias icons all showed fine..

mouser:
Regarding icons, it could be really handy to add a feature/option to show batchfiles icons in a different way:
--- End quote ---
This is an interesting idea.. perhaps an option to set custom icons by file extension would be useful..

Ishmaeel:
Strange, testing it on a vmware windows 10, the cpanel alias icons all showed fine..
-mouser (February 21, 2018, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I went ahead and switched to a brand new windows user profile and sure enough, cpanel icons are working nicely in there. So it looks like something about icon associations is kinda borked on my main account. I'll post an update here if I can figure out what it is.

One other thing I noticed though: In the new profile, I created a duplicate copy of cpanel in myaliases and named it "cp". (I also do this on my main account to save keystrokes.) Afterwards, the real "cpanel" aliases were still working ok, but the custom alias "cp" all showed a generic icon. This generic icon was different from the one shown in my main profile, so it's entirely possible this too is caused by something borked on my end.

Lastly, deleting the DonationCoder directory in MyDocuments and starting over with a clean setup did not change anything, so it's most probably due to some other Windows setting on my user profile.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

**A great idea about custom icons for batch files**
-Filipe Meira Castro (February 21, 2018, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I too would love this feature!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version