ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (133/146) > >>

Ishmaeel:
Thank you for not abandoning my favorite piece of software, Mouser. Since you broke cover and stepped into the crossfire, it's only fair that we should pelt you with bug reports and complaints.  :P

A minor snag: cpanel aliases (actually, all aliases, but that is the only one I use) don't seem to display icons on my Windows 10 system.

When I peek with Process Monitor, I see that FARR is trying to access the whole alias definition as if it were an actual *.ico path.

No rush, just FYI.  :D Thanks again.

mouser:
How strange! I shall look into it.
So you say it happens with all of the alias icons on windows 10??

Missing icons is not a minor snag -- icons are a key feature of FARR!

Ishmaeel:
So you say it happens with all of the alias icons on windows 10??
-mouser (February 21, 2018, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that has been my experience. As I said, I don't use the majority of built-in aliases and most of them don't even have icon definitions, but the ones I tested all show up like this.

I have another installation on Win8 but I have gotten so used to broken icons due to the Control Panel weirdness that I honestly don't remember if the situation is different on that computer. I can report back later if you like.

mouser:
If you could check that the alias folders have the icons in them.. and let me know if this is a portable or setup install.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Ishmaeel:
I have long been using the Chocolatey setup (latest stable).

Today I figured something could be wrong with that package so I uninstalled it and installed the version you posted at the top of this thread. (2.233.01 beta. Not portable)

Icons look like they're where they're supposed to be (I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\Installed\cpanel\Region.ico" and all its friends).

Switching to large icons and clearing Windows icon cache did not help. Not using any font overrides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version