ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (118/146) > >>

mouser:
Hmm, sounds like on a tiny screen you are going to have to do some tweaks on the Font Overides tab:

I'll look into some of the scaling options and see if there is something better I can do.

But to confirm -- is this something new or something that has always been the case for FARR running on super hi-res screens?

I should say, I run FARR (and my other apps) on a 2560x1440 screen, and I think it looks perfect at that high resolution.

phitsc:
It's a 15'' screen, so not extremely tiny. I'm not completely sure, but I think it's a problem of the newest version. Can I download an older release somewhere to make sure?

mouser:
Here's an older version:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/old/FindAndRunRobotPortable_112913.zip

mouser:
New beta:
Version 2.221.01 - Apr 22, 2015

* [Feature] A new "Quick Search Words" tab in options allows you to specify quick search word replacements; here you can quickly specify words that have alternate meanings when typed into the search box.  Start each line with a search word, followed by = and then the replacement text.  For example, if you would like to be able to type "ff" to search for "firefox" you can specify that here as "ff = firefox".  This just makes it much easier to do certain simple things without using aliases.  Note that replacements will only be made on word boundaries ("ff" will not match "eff").
* [Feature] On History Options you can now choose to have FARR automatically add all applications that you launch outside of FARR (that have foreground windows), automatically added to FARR launch history; this makes them visible in main window on display, and makes them faster to find.
* [Feature] New option to require search words to match on left hand boundaries of words (whether contiguous enabled or not) -- can be useful in reducing spurious matches.
* [Feature] Added field where you can test how FARR will resolve a path with environment or other special % replacements, on Tweaks and Debugging tab.
* [Change] If only one result is being shown in directory browsing mode, FARR won't autoswitch into small report display mode; this is nicer to look at when using an absolute path to a file and makes clearer when there is a unique result in directory browsing mode, and makes it more convenient to use the Quick Search Words to specify an explicit file path.
* [Bugfix] Non-contiguous scoring had a bug which might allow some results to list which should not (though it would give them a very low score).
* [Bugfix] Using spacebar to toggle checkboxes in the hotkey, searchfolder, pattern lists was not saving changes.
* [Bugfix] Launched *folders* were no longer opening on Windows XP.
* [Bugfix] Using Ctrl+# or Ctrl+Enter to launch apps should keep FARR window open AND focused, regardless of FARR window behavior configured on Window options tab.

Nod5:
2.221.01 beta feedback:
Win 7 and Win 8.1: the issue with folders opening with navigation pane in Explorer is now gone  :Thmbsup:

Win 8.1 pro on laptop with high dpi screen:
- no icons
- aliases with browsers plus url parameter do not launch:
test | "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://google.com/
test | "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" https://google.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version