ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (85/146) > >>

highend01:
The bug with a leading dot in filenames (not processed correctly) is indeed fixed :)

Using % variables in an .alias file still leads to an incorrect icon for all entries inside that group.

E.g.:
D:\Users\Highend\Tools\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\highend_start[1].alias
D:\Users\Highend\Tools\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\highend_start[1].ico

The .alias file contains e.g.:
            OpenVPN | D:\Users\%USERNAME%\Tools\OpenVPN\_OpenVPN.exe
            AdMuncher | D:\Users\%USERNAME%\Tools\AdMuncher\AdMunch.exe
            Clipboard | D:\Users\%USERNAME%\Tools\CHS\ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe

The icon for the alias group after typing in ".s" is correct but all three entries show the same icon :)

The only way to fix it seems to replace the variable with the real folder name or adding an /ICON entry for each one.

Can you have a look at it again, mouser or is it (now) working as intended and you want the user to add an icon for each entry?

mouser:
highend, can you email me ([email protected]) so i can have you try a test version to figure out why it's failing?

highend01:
Sure, e-mail sent :)

Jibz:

* [MinorFeature] Version # now shown in tray icon hint.
-mouser (October 22, 2007, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think there might be a minor issue with this. When you ask Windows to always show or hide a notification area icon, it appears to do this by matching the text in the tooltip. So if you include the version number in the tooltip, and a user chooses to always show or hide the FARR icon, the next time FARR is updated, Windows will revert to the default hide when inactive setting because the name no longer matches.

Whether this is true only for the first line of the hint or in general, I am not sure. But I think this is part of the reason so few applications have version numbers (other than possibly the major) in the notification tooltip.

mouser:
thanks for the info jibz -- so i may have to roll that change back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version