ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (69/146) > >>

TucknDar:
Works for me as well. And I love the PgDn function! :Thmbsup: Veeery useful!

mouser:
The PgDn feature is definitely a win -- credit goes to those who have been advocating for it.
I did just notice a bug where if you page down to the end of the multi-page results it can sometimes get confused and be reluctant about paging back up; working on fix.

Nod5:
"[Feature] - You can now hit PgDn from search box to tell FARR to find *ALL* results, not just the few that normally fit in the window; You can continue to hit PgDn and PgUp to page through results after that.  When more results available the statusbar now hints about PgDn."
Nice!  :) Confirmed working. Two small tweak thoughts:
1. if I search "pdf" FARR gets 2000+ hits. Hit PgDn and FARR starts working at listing them. If I then PgDn again before FARR has filled the entire list then I get a scroll down in the list followed by a quick reset of that scroll as FARR keeps filling the list. For a search with many matches FARR takes several seconds to fill so that can get annoying. Two alternatives: Stop filling the list once the user presses PgDn. Or keep filling the list but remember how many PgDn the user has pressed and move there after the list is complete.
2. On second PgDn FARR scrolls the long list but the cursor is in the input box. That makes triggering something in the list by keyboard tricky. Better alternative: let the second PgDn do the same as arrow down + PgDn.

(Unrelated: hotkey config: wasn't there a special variable that represents the main input box contents in the "Text for search edit box" inputfield? I want a hotkey to prepend current inputbox text, i.e. "newtext $$1" but $$1 doesn't work. I've probably just forgotten what it is but can't find it through searches/helpfile now so...)

thefatdude:
Just ran into FARR and trying it out.  I normally use launchy all the time.  I like Launchy's interface a little better, also that it has a builtin calculator (need to find that plugin for far).  But anyway...

Not sure if this has been reported before; I was trying the different skins.  Was at or just next to the bottom of the list and I used the scroll mouse to go up the listbox.  I did a small flick which made it go maybe 3 or 5 entries up.  So I did it really fast to get up to the top of the list, but FARR locked up.  Had to kill it using task manager.  Tried it again with similar result.  If don't do it too fast, it seems to work.  When it locked up second time, I let it sit for 15minutes before I looked at it again and it was still unresponsive.

Win 7 ultimate x64.  q6600 @ 3.2ghz, 8gb ram

Nod5:
hi thefatdude and welcome to DC  :Thmbsup:
The CZB plugin pack for FARR includes JSCalc: "powerful calculator for farr with history tape, variables, conversion functions, and best of all a super easy way to add your own custom functions." Get it here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17153.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version