ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (58/146) > >>

pmoore:
thanks for reminding me about that paul, i should have set fixed font in the alias; you should try the appcapappendmemo method, its nicer for commandline tools that can take a bit of time to produce their output.  The new runcap alias will be this in the future:

runcap $$1 | tempmemofont fixed ;;; showmemo Running $$1;;;appcapappendmemo $$1 /ICON=icons\farr\core-sysutils_run.ico

-mouser (June 22, 2009, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reminder. I stopped using appcapappendmemo because of the "append" - the output kept growing. I should have thought of addinga showmemo at the start like you did :-)

Nod5:
"dolaunch" works great!  :up:

I now use it like this: for some very often used apps I've made aliases consisting of one letter three times in a row. example: the regex alias "^fff$" triggers: dolaunch C:\path\firefox.exe . Such letter aliases are speedy to type and there's slight chance of launching the alias by mistake. I'm now also thinking of making a "zzz" alias to immediately shut down the computer :D

dandersahn:
Just upgraded and I noticed that the FARR window background flashes black before it displays the content (which has a white background) for the first time.  It's a trivial issue, but is visually distracting and takes away from the very polished feel of the program.  v2.61 didn't do it from what I remember.  Is there anywhere I can download v2.61 to confirm?

mouser:
I'd appreciate that dandersahn -- let me know what you find ([email protected]); prior version is at:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/old/FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe

If you could tell me if it's doing that when displaying normal results or if its only when showing the memo or html windows.

dandersahn:
Thanks.  v2.61 doesn't have the problem.  

In v2.66.01, it happens when window is first displayed immediately before the last 9 results are displayed.  So, to answer your question, it's when displaying normal results.  It looks like the sequence of events is, 1-window is displayed, 2-window resizes (at which point the content area is black), 3-content area is rendered (with text, icons, and white background).  It happens very quickly, but the black to white change produces a noticeable "flickering" effect.  Hopefully that is helpful. 

One additional note.  After the initial results are displayed, it doesn't happen as the results change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version