ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (33/146) > >>

TucknDar:
This adds a long requested feature, non-contiguous matching.
So searching for "ffox" will match "fire fox".

Hope you like it!
-mouser (July 26, 2008, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Absolutely! Very helpful feature.

mouser:
new version posted to update.

math0ne:
I love this program, my main launcher for a long time. 

However I think I'm too much of a minimalist to use it with the status bar being displayed all the time now.

J-Mac:
just uncheck the upper right checkbox to turn off all use of aliases in a given file.

or wait a few days for me to implement that feature im talking about.
-mouser (July 19, 2008, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser,

You posted the quoted reply in response to my query about stopping all the other stuff showing up when I am just trying to launch programs with FARR.

So far the subsequent releases have only made it worse for what I am doing.  I haven't really used FARR as a pure search tool, but only as an application launcher.  Each release makes it harder and harder to use FARR as a launcher.

I guess I misunderstood your quote above. I thought that FARR was going to have a setting that would make it useful once again as a program launcher.  Yet at this point, using the latest version - even with ALL aliases turned off - I type in the first four or five letters of a program name and the first .lnk from the Start Menu is almost always no higher than 8th or 10th on the results list.  Instead I see junk that I in no way wish to open.  I realize that I am not checking the results list as carefully as I need to mainly because FARR used to present me with the program shortcut that I wish to launch, almost flawlessly.  Now it is much more likely that I am going to start the setup file to reinstall that program than to launch the program.

I realize that these extra search features are more popular among members here and so you are catering more to those members.  But if FARR is no longer going to be as useful as it once was as a pure program launcher, please just say so plainly.  That way I can give up on it and start using a real program launcher.

Thanks!

Jim

mouser:
If you set the optional alias prefix to something other than blank, then farr should only match against stuff in your start menu, etc., and not against any aliases.

If you are still seeing results you dont want.. go to your search folders and disable all but the 2 start menu items.

And if you are STILL getting results you dont expect, send me a screenshot or something, because it should be behaving the way you want at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version