ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (29/146) > >>

cranioscopical:
FWIW I like it.  Thanks for the effort!

davidma22:
Hm. Only one problem I see with it so far.. can we make it so that if an alias matches it will ignore the fuzzy options? When I type the alias for my blog (nutang) it includes a whole long list of other files that have the same letters.

EDIT: Hm. I just checked the box for "stop search on exact alias match" which ends that problem.

davidma22:
Mouser. Any chance we could get FARR to treat program names like aliases? You have the option to stop search on exact alias match.. can we get an option to do the same for exact program match?

mouser:
You have the option to stop search on exact alias match.. can we get an option to do the same for exact program match?
--- End quote ---

is it ever the case where an exact program name match isnt the top result? if not, why does it matter?

J-Mac:
You have the option to stop search on exact alias match.. can we get an option to do the same for exact program match?
--- End quote ---

is it ever the case where an exact program name match isnt the top result? if not, why does it matter?
-mouser (July 27, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that was exactly the case that I posted about in so much frustration above!!

I had never used FARR for anything except launching programs and when I typed in "Music" trying to launch Music Collector, there were like 20 or so music web sites shown -- but Music Collector was not showing!  I changed the option for number of results to something higher - 30 or 40, can't remember - and then Music Collector showed near the bottom of the list.

I unchecked the aliases as oyu suggested so that wouldn't happen.  Of course if I were wanting to use the alias searches that would stop it.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version