ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (22/146) > >>

whippy:
Hi Mouser , this is one of my most used programs and it does a great job thanks .
If it had a minimize button it would be even better , plus an easy way of choosing what directory to search . For instance I have 2 hard drives and the first is split into a few partitions . If on opening one could simply choose which ones to search it then would be real super.
Just food for thought  .
 thanks

mouser:
If it had a minimize button it would be even better
--- End quote ---
the close button does a minimize, so that's already there unless you are saying something else?

plus an easy way of choosing what directory to search
--- End quote ---
you can do this using keyword modifiers.  go to your Search Folders tab in the options and add your 2 main directories.  for the first put "dir1" in the Optional Modifier Keywords section at the bottom of the search directory dialog.  In the second directory put "dir2" in the keywords.

now when you want to search dir1, type your search like
+dir1 my search terms (or my search terms +dir1)

and to search dir2 type:
+dir2 my search terms

Keyword modifiers let you easily use keywords to search differently.

You can even make different hotkeys to bring up FARR with the +dir1 or +dir2 already filled out so you could use different hotkeys depending on what you wanted to search.

Christian.Eitner:
Christian, can you give me an example of what happens (preferably using a built in alias that i also have) so i can reproduce and test?
-mouser (July 03, 2008, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, the easiest example is one you won't have: hibernate.

If I type it, FARR first displays 'Alias - from myaliases.alias' (there is only one result).

If I then select this one entry, FARR displays 'Alias hibernate'. Only the second invokation triggers the command.

mouser:
Christian, i think i might understand.  You ay:

If I type it, FARR first displays 'Alias - from myaliases.alias' (there is only one result).
If I then select this one entry, FARR displays 'Alias hibernate'. Only the second invokation triggers the command.
--- End quote ---

this behavior happens if at the first time you hit enter, the alias is not fully spelled out.  so the first time you hit enter it is autocompleting the alias.  so: hibern -> [ENTER] -> hibernate -> [ENTER] -> launch

personally i like this behavior BUT i can definitely see how people would prefer farr just launch it straight away and that that would make more sense perhaps.  i will either make an option to do it that way, OR make it work like that period.

nitrix-ud:
i will either make an option to do it that way, OR make it work like that period.
--- End quote ---

mouser, i suggest you never change FARR behavior, FARR is too complex now to change a thing without having collateral damages !

please make it an option  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version