ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Locate32 Plugin for FARR by Okke

<< < (4/25) > >>

jgpaiva:
I have one suggestion for this plugin:
Make it so that when we type "loc /?", it'll show the help entries (currently, it does display them, but in a very bad fashion :S)

This would allow us to not have to memorize locate's syntax ;)

mouser:
ps. in the long run:

there is no reason i shouldnt be able to eventually hook into locate's databases and use it to ALWAYS do a quick index-enabled search of files in conjunction with and simultaneously as a real disk search.

in other words there is no reason that core farr functionality shouldn't be able to eventually include searching locate databases as part of normal everyday search.

lanux128:
this is great! thanks a lot, Okke. this is a major leap for Farr in term of functionality.. :)

and also to Armando: thanks, that's what i did in the end.. i added another alias with a space after the ^loc so that i can use the keywords independently.. :)

nitrix-ud:
i'm sad, mouser don't read me anymore  :huh:

Okke:
jgpaiva, that's a great suggestion about the /? option. It does look rather crappy :)

I already implemented the change and will upload it soon. I have to make it work with dcupdater
as well so I'll do that too.

You'll be able to to type "loc /?" "loc -h" or "loc help" and a new window will popup with the help text (the output
of locate /? isn't neat enough to get decently in the resultswindow).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version