ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you use Desktop Widgets?

<< < (4/8) > >>

PhilB66:
I use Samurize. Here's one of my configs. I have a multi Mon setup.-PhilB66 (November 05, 2007, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Samaurise looks nice on your computer Phil !!
does one still have to do a lot of customising of it to get it going AND looking good?
(I tried it briefly, or should i say -tried to try it- a couple of years ago but never got off the ground with it)
-tomos (November 05, 2007, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but that's the beauty of Samurize - endless customizing and skinning possibilities, and it uses very little resources (Memory and CPU). BTW, you could use Samurize on the taskbar and replace the tray clock with it as well. There are a few tutorials on its Website to get you started but the best way, IMO, to go about it is to download a config that you like, open it in the editor and see how it's been made. Check out these sidebar gadgets to see the posibilities.

PhilB66:
3515 and 6250 rpm?! Jesus Christ, that should sound like a jet engine. Do you have a DFI motherboard as well?
-Lashiec (November 05, 2007, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Summers are pretty hot and humid in Hong Kong so I open the PC case and use the fan to cool off my toes  ;). My machine is very quite and there's no need to control the fan speed. No, just a standard ASUS MB A8N-SLI model.

Darwin:
My wife got back from Hong Kong on Oct. 19 and said it was unbearable! What's funny is that she's always complaining about the cold on Vancouver Island (I'm in shorts and a tee-shirt today and she is wearing multiple layers and shivering - I've escaped upstairs to my offcie and an open window to escape the fireplace).

lanux128:
Darwin, i was just thinking of recommending Yahoo! Widgets to a colleague but after reading of your account of 'horror' performance, i think i'll have to look for an alternative.. :)

Darwin:
Well... I dunno. Maybe try out YWE - YMMV! I'm a complete resource miser and am pretty intolerant of anything using any significant CPU/RAM if it's glorified eye candy. I'm also running an older Centrino with 64MB integrated video memory and 2GB RAM - if you've got a lot more graphics horsepower the hit on resources may not be nearly so noticeable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version