ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free virtualization options

<< < (2/8) > >>

aignes:
both VirtualPC and VMware didn't allow me to use AltGR to insert special characters while VirtualBox did.

--- End quote ---

That's something you can configure at least in Virtual PC. Open File+Options+Keyboard. Then change the configured AltGr shortcut to something else and you can use AltGr correctly in the guest system.

jgpaiva:
That's something you can configure at least in Virtual PC. Open File+Options+Keyboard. Then change the configured AltGr shortcut to something else and you can use AltGr correctly in the guest system.
-aignes (October 20, 2007, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's why i said "didn't" ;)
At the time, there was only the option of using the following combinations:

* ctrl

* shift

* ctrl + shiftand as altgr is identified as ctrl+shift, pressing it would be recognized as the host key, no matter which option you chose.

Darwin:
I'm updating Win2k Sp-4 to Sp-4 as I write this. Virtual PC is pretty slick. I like your idea about looking for a windows image online, João, but wonder about the legality?

I wish I'd known about this five years ago when I got rid of my Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and DOS 6.22 install disks. I'd love to load them up and try them out on a modern machine...

jgpaiva:
I'm updating Win2k Sp-4 to Sp-4 as I write this. Virtual PC is pretty slick. I like your idea about looking for a windows image online, João, but wonder about the legality?
-Darwin (October 20, 2007, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hadn't thought about the legality, but i guess that if you found a version of XP that isn't activated, it shouldn't be a big deal... Also, there should be machines that only contain a free disk, and you could install windows on that disk.

cchian:
Here is a free site that creates blank virtual machines for VMware Player: http://www.easyvmx.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version