ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection

(1/2) > >>

wolf.b:
Sorry, if this has been mentioned by someone else before, but my forum search didn't show it. Simon has been mentioned, portable apps have been mentioned, and I found lots of threads about tiny games. Don't miss out on those:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/puzzles/

Introduction

This page contains a collection of small computer programs which implement one-player puzzle games. All of them run natively on Unix (GTK), on Windows, and on Mac OS X.

I wrote this collection because I thought there should be more small desktop toys available: little games you can pop up in a window and play for two or three minutes while you take a break from whatever else you were doing. And I was also annoyed that every time I found a good game on (say) Unix, it wasn't available the next time I was sitting at a Windows machine, or vice versa; so I arranged that everything in my personal puzzle collection will happily run on both those platforms and more. When I find (or perhaps invent) further puzzle games that I like, they'll be added to this collection and will immediately be available on both platforms. And if anyone feels like writing any other front ends - Mac OS pre-10, PocketPC, or whatever it might be - then all the games in this framework will immediately become available on another platform as well.
--- End quote ---

Greetings
Wolf

jgpaiva:
Fantastic site!!
Loads and loads of small games there.

Here's a screenshot:

Nighted:
Nice!

housetier:
Ha! I have been playing solo for a very long time now. It's the best implementation of sudoku I could find for my linux desktop. There are other games, but I haven't tried them all. Untangle and Map are very cool and I play them when I've gotten tired of sudoku...

app103:
oh thanks!  >:(

I have a serious weakness for puzzle games. Now I will never get anything done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version