ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

these new cheap core 2 due laptops - any good?

<< < (6/12) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
The freezer trick is one I use on my Dell batteries, with about a 75% success rate.  The original big battery that came with my 2003 Latitude still delivers about 3 hours.

Glad it's working for others!  I wish I could remember who taught me this so I could pass on the credit...

Mandork:
Huh.  Does it work for other kinds of batteries, too?  Like old ordinary rechargeables (and my aging pocket PC)?  I might have to experiment.

Armando:
The freezer trick is one I use on my Dell batteries, with about a 75% success rate.  The original big battery that came with my 2003 Latitude still delivers about 3 hours.

Glad it's working for others!  I wish I could remember who taught me this so I could pass on the credit...
-Ralf Maximus (October 25, 2007, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

BTW ralph, do you completely discharge your battery before putting it in the freezer, or do you instead charge it ?

Thanks in advance...  :)

Armando:

-Ralf Maximus (October 25, 2007, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

BTW ralph, do you completely discharge your battery before putting it in the freezer, or do you instead charge it ?

Thanks in advance...  :)
-Armando (October 31, 2007, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

bumpy bumpy bump.

Darwin? Ralph?

Darwin:
Sorry, Armando. It's been CRAZY around my house for the last couple of days. I just threw my battery in the freezer. I'd probably discharged it to 50% before storing it... but didn't check it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version