ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

these new cheap core 2 due laptops - any good?

<< < (5/12) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
W00t!  Love it when no-cost solutions work.

:-)

nudone:
oh, well, if you say it really works then i better actually do it...

Armando:
Really???  This works...? Do you mean that my 1.5 year battery would "get back" its lost power just by putting it in the freezer?

Darwin:
My notebook came with two batteries - a small one (6 cell?) and a larger one (9 cell?). When it was new three years ago, the big battery was good for 4-5 hours and the small one for about 2.5 hours. This spring the big battery was good for about 1.5 hours and the small one for about 45 minutes. I had the big battery rebuilt before going on a research trip in Belgium and it's good for about 3 +/- hours... Rebuilding it was *supposed* to make it last longer than new (ie longer than 5 hours), so I was a bit disappointed with the expensive rebuild. I bunged the smaller one in the freezer the night Ralf posted the tip (two nights ago?) and retrieved it last night. It's good for just over 2 hours... Works for me!

EDIT: removed a split infinitve. It's a generational thing, I suppose, but a split infinitive is worse than fingernails on a chalk board. Whoops! I guess that idiom has been relegated to the history pile as well...

Armando:
:)

Will try that with my old one when the new one arrives from Hong Kong  next week!

(My story is a bit different : my first Dell battery -- bought with my Inspiron in June 2006 -- completely stopped working normally after 6 months. I got a new one freely from Dell in January 2007-- 9 cells. Was good for about 3.5 hours. In September, it only lasted for 2.2-2.5 hours. Now it lasts for 1.5-2 hours MAX, which means that after about 10 months, it lost  almost 50% of its original capacity. This sounds like jgpaiva's story.  :( )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version