ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Not looking for AutoClick, but for some auto-clicker ??

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
Not skrommel's "AutoClick", but some auto-clicker ??

Some weeks ago I saw some program with the feature to auto-click annoying boxes / questions / popups, but have completely forgotten all about what was the name of it - and I don't recall if this feature was the sole purpose of the program, or just one of maybe many features. My problem right now is that my XP (still) is unstable, and at shutdown I will quite too often be told that this or that program is waiting for me to click some button. This is of course annoying / frustrating, because the PC won't close until the (F-rated) button has been clicked - even though I am using Brutus > "Kill hanging apps",- and I simply NEED some app  or another  to auto-click these totally stupid boxes.

I am (almost) certain such an app is around, but what is the name of it, please??   :tellme:

mwb1100:
PTFBPro is one such app:  http://www.ptfbpro.com/

I tried it for its macro capabilities, but didn't take to it.

One problem that you'll have with solving this problem is that when Windows is shutting down I assume that it's as likely as not to have already shutdown whatever auto clicking program you have running before it gets around to trying to close the app that's causing your problems.  I don't know if there's a reliable way to have a program designated as 'the last program Windows should shut down'.

kiwi2b:
You could try ClickOff at http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/index.shtml, but it may have the same problem mwb1100 mentioned. :-[

Curt:
I should of course have told that I use Process Explorer as task manager and Startup Delayer as startup manager. One result of this combination is that (most of) the programs wil be closed in the same order they were started. So "all" I have to do is, to have the New Program starting as the last program, and it will also be the last to close.

Thank you for the links (they were both new to me).   :up:

Curt:
... So "all" I have to do is, to have the New Program starting as the last program, and it will also be the last to close.-Curt (October 20, 2007, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

... no, not in the case of ClickOff. It turns out that ClickOff will not be placed in Start, but will move itself back - meaning that ClickOff always will be among the first programs to close. This is not too smart, I think, so I am off to write the author, and to test PTFBPro.

Edit: - but PTFBPro is $30, so I am kind of still in the need...

---
(Edit2, for bad wording)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version