ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Firefox Extension Contest (deadline december 2007) - DC CODING CONTEST TOO

<< < (2/4) > >>

justice:
Btw if you want an idea for a DonationCoder related extension:
I'd like to have a Update notifier for "Show new replies to your posts". Because this depends on my login info cookies, it cannot be done via the official Donationcoder update notifier.

However when I'm using firefox I presume an extension could read the cookie as it's part of the browser and therefore make this happen.

AbteriX:
Extension idea:

Often i want to store the link (URL of a side) only.
I don't want to bookmark it in the browser, i want to have it in my download folder.
(f.ex.: X:\Downloads\useful-stuff\Welcome to useful-stuff home page.URL )
So i go to my download folder, create an new sub folder and drag and drop the link into this new folder.

Idea:
This would be much easier with an "Save as URL" option which
should create an URL-file and show me the "Save as..."-Dialog to store this.

arunpawar:
Well i have an idea but i'm still not comforable with extensions and dont knoow how they are designed ?aNYONE knows which programming language is used for firefox or extension?

Also for idea: can anyone embed media player classic from k-lite media codec or Windows media player in firefox.Sounds crazy idea but MS did it on taskbar and it is awesome.Whynot do it at Firefox and in even linux too.

edgecrush3r:
Also for idea: can anyone embed media player classic from k-lite media codec or Windows media player in firefox.Sounds crazy idea but MS did it on taskbar and it is awesome.Whynot do it at Firefox and in even linux too.
-arunpawar (November 05, 2007, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

This idea has already been done:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/219

Unfortunately not by me either :P

mahesh2k:
Another IDEA(please do give me credit if it works or is not included :)

Integegration of Openoffice file read support in firefox.
- Explaination as IE allows Word file to be open on IE as read only if word is not installed why not? make FF to open the read only support for timebeing OOwriter files.

What you think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version