ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Archivarius

<< < (7/12) > >>

Darwin:
Hmm... am I the only one that can't get archivarius to complete indexing my Outlook 2003 pst? I'm now trying a "standalone" index of just my e-mail, but prior to this effort, I've tried at least four times, each for over two hours (last over night - cancelled it at 15.5 hours!) of indexing only to either give up in despair or to be told that archivarius can't access my Outlook messages. It's running now and indexing at 3KB sec! I can't remember exact figures, but I am convinced that indexing my harddrive was much, much quicker than this. I've set archivarius to index only pop3 folders and to ignore my IMAP folders (because I know that my account won't allow access from different servers).

It's just sitting there at 1% after indexing for 25+ minutes (was at 0% for a long time...) and indexing speed has dropped to 1 KBS. Outlook is NOT open (although its process is running in the background, initiated by archivarius).

I'm just curious about how others fare with this... obviously the place to go with this is the developer, which I shall do now.

EDIT: the split infinitive was killing me. I know, I know OED and CED both say it's OK now but I'm a product of the 20th century...

Incidentally, now sitting at 14% of my e-mail indexed after 5 hours 49 minutes...

Darwin:
Heh, heh... 20 and a half hours later the indexing is 57% complete! I've finally gotten an e-mail off to Archivarius' author and anxiously await his response. Hopefully, there is a solution as I had a chance to play around after an abortive indexing attempt and was thrilled at how light on resources archivarius is and how blazingly fast searches are performed and previews displayed (INSTANT - take that X1 and Copernic!)...

Oh, er, Goodmorning Donatincoder! Spring is here, final exams are marked and final grades posted, taxes are done, and I am the only one up. It doesn't get much better than this!

Darwin:
Wow! I e-mailed Archivarius' author LATE Friday night/early Saturday morning PST and had an exchange of e-mails with him that culminated with him sending me a fix for the error message that I was receiving earlier today! That kind of support is PRICELESS. Colour me very, very impressed...  :-*

Darwin:
Archivarius 3.91 adds support for OneNote and Evernote files  :Thmbsup:

Grorgy:
That’s excellent news Darwin, i have it downloading now, my evernote database is growing rapidly and Archivarius with locate is providing all my search needs at present and this will just make it soo much more useful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version