ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

DonationCredits Discussion

<< < (4/4)

alxwz:
After being member for quite a while, I now made an additional donation of $ 28 and got credited 26.61 upon activation.

That's strange, because according to what I thought and what the help page says it should have given only 14.0 credits (50% of 28).

Is there something wrong or did I miss something? Do you treat additional donations differently (i.e., more credits per $)?

Alex

mouser:
Some time ago we decided to do an experiment an give donors 100% control of their donation credits, and not automatically apply any of it to the site.

When you activate your credits the site recommends you consider giving 50% of your donation to the site account, but it's no longer mandatory.

Enough people give enough to the site that we decided to stick with this method.  It means that while we strongly ask for you to give some of your donations to the site, you are free to make a donation and give all of your credits to dc members whose work you want to support.

In fact, this change was especially motivated by people like you who might make a repeat donation to the site specifically because they want to support members on the site individually  :up:

(note that the reason you go $26.61 in credits instead of $28 is because paypal takes their cut off the top).

alxwz:
mouser, I keep being amazed by your short response times.
Almost looks like you have no life.  :)

Some time ago we decided to do an experiment an give donors 100% control of their donation credits, and not automatically apply any of it to the site.
-mouser (October 11, 2007, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm, I couldn't find any mention of this when I did a search.

When you activate your credits the site recommends you consider giving 50% of your donation to the site account, but it's no longer mandatory.-mouser (October 11, 2007, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I must have missed that when I activated. But it's true, I didn't read that stuff.
To set it straight ;), I donated a part of it to the site account now. This site is such an wonderful place on the web.

(note that the reason you go $26.61 in credits instead of $28 is because paypal takes their cut off the top).
-mouser (October 11, 2007, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I already guessed that the rest was eaten by Paypal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version