ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Qimage, "Professional Photographic Printing Software" - a second look

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
Beth -
if you think there's anything I should add - or remove :) let me know!

tomos:
I have been using Qimage for a long time now and agree it is a good, mature program. The Studio version does also have an extra algorithm or two as well as RAW reading.-Beth UK (October 17, 2007, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was curious as well! -
which capabilities of Qimage you use a lot/most,  and/or
what other programmes you might use in conjunction with it,
e.g. re noise reduction -
I know it's not so big a theme as it used to be, but do you use the noise reduction filters etc
of course then there all the editing capabilities..

I'm still using Photoshop 5.5 (+ plugins) [but it works well!] & I have my workflow-routine
so probably I'll be slow to edit colour/levels/etc in Qimage

Fedorov:
I've been a registered Qimage user for as long as I can remember - I use it purely for printing.

Image Resizing I do in Photoshop and noise removal I have various plugins in Photoshop for that as Noise removal is supposed to be the FIRST thing you do to your images before tweaking them further.

tomos:
..noise removal I have various plugins in Photoshop for that as Noise removal is supposed to be the FIRST thing you do to your images before tweaking them further.-Fedorov (October 18, 2007, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

veering slightly off topic - could you recommend noise reduction plugins
(I know Zaine Ridling recommends one - NoiseWare - but I think it's round the 100$ mark as a Pshop plugin)

Yeah,
I think the biggest editing mistake it to sharpen a noisy photo  :)

Beth UK:
I was curious as well! -
which capabilities of Qimage you use a lot/most,  and/or
what other programmes you might use in conjunction with it,
e.g. re noise reduction -
I know it's not so big a theme as it used to be, but do you use the noise reduction filters etc
of course then there all the editing capabilities..

I'm still using Photoshop 5.5 (+ plugins) [but it works well!] & I have my workflow-routine
so probably I'll be slow to edit colour/levels/etc in Qimage
-tomos (October 18, 2007, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

With the evolution of Photoshop and various noise reduction plug-ins I probably don't use Qimage as much as I used to though I always have it installed. Additionally, many of my prints are now 30" or more and so I have to use professional printing services. Qimage is pretty useful for contact or proof sheets where I want to have a good deal of control over the print quality to a locally connected printer.

veering slightly off topic - could you recommend noise reduction plugins
(I know Zaine Ridling recommends one - NoiseWare - but I think it's round the 100$ mark as a Pshop plugin)
--- End quote ---

Noiseware is very good. Also Noise Ninja from Picture Code. I mostly (always) now do any noise removal within Photoshop.

Actually, writing all his makes me realise how little I use my own printers now!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version