ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (75/235) > >>

Armando:
Looks good, Pierre!  :)

(I'm not talking too much these days... That's just because I'm busy... But I want to spend some more time with SQLNotes soon, maybe this weekend!)

superboyac:
Pierre, it seems like that when I update SQL with the daily build, it replaces the user code.  Isn't this dangerous?  What if I add my own custom user codes?  They shouldn't be replaced by the daily build.  In this case, it's ok, because it's not much and you and I worked together on it (and you included it in the daily build).  Just for the future.  Also, in the future, do you plan to have the user code section more organized than just being one long text file?  Not only would it be easier to use, but less chance to accidentally alter the existing code.

PPLandry:
You are quite right that the user-code needs work:
1- Divide the code between:

* a) system code (part of SQLNotes, updated)

* b) user-code

* c) database-specific code2- Better code editor with syntax highlighting

This will be done before release 1.0. Idealy I'd like to do it as MS apps with a VBA editor, but it is likely an overkill and MS stopped licencing it (Thanks Bill  :down:)

There are plans to include the LUA language into SQLNotes which would allow more powerful code (VBScript is an out-of-process calculation engine and does not have access to the SQLNotes data, the LUA engine would be fully integrated) Version 2.0 perhaps.

superboyac:
You are quite right that the user-code needs work:
1- Divide the code between:

* a) system code (part of SQLNotes, updated)

* b) user-code

* c) database-specific code2- Better code editor with syntax highlighting

This will be done before release 1.0. Idealy I'd like to do it as MS apps with a VBA editor, but it is likely an overkill and MS stopped licencing it (Thanks Bill  :down:)

There are plans to include the LUA language into SQLNotes which would allow more powerful code (VBScript is an out-of-process calculation engine and does not have access to the SQLNotes data, the LUA engine would be fully integrated) Version 2.0 perhaps.
-PPLandry (January 11, 2008, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would be really cool.

minor bug report:  When you click on an item in the grid so that the cursor starts blinking to start typing, sometimes (not always) the cursor will be blinking one space in.  That is, a space is added to the beginning of the text even though no typing has begun.  Also, I know you can start typing immediately without clicking once inside first, but if my caps-lock is on and I start typing suddenly, the first letter is lower-case and then everything is upper-case.

superboyac:
Well, the transcript grid is working properly now.  I used the method where I have a Pass/No Pass column because I wanted to keep track of how many units were Pass anyway.  So, now there is a template available for people who want to enter their transcripts into SQLNotes, which I think is useful.

I mean, do you guys see how powerful this program is?  It's like I'm creating my own mini-programs here.  I bet there is someone out there selling some kind of transcript software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version