ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (54/235) > >>

Darwin:
I was wondering how you got up and running so quickly - I was starting to think you must be a database wiz kid too!!   

Jim
--- End quote ---

Drat! I outed myself!

PPLandry:
Version 0.9.21 is released. Major additions are:

* Quick Search window. Hit CTRL-Q, start typing to filter the list of items. When done, hit Enter to display the items in the search grid. Simple and quick!
    * New examples
    * User settable phone number recognition
    * Improved Ecco Import

Some controls were changed to use Unicode versions, so it is required to un-install any previous version before installing this update.

See Release Notes at www.sqlnotes.net for details.

superboyac:
Pierre, you're amazing and generous.

J-Mac, I am just like you when it comes to databases, and that's the primary reason why I even started playing with SQLNotes.  Only after that did I realize all the other things I could do with it (such as using it as a notetaker).

J-Mac:
Pierre, you're amazing and generous.

J-Mac, I am just like you when it comes to databases, and that's the primary reason why I even started playing with SQLNotes.  Only after that did I realize all the other things I could do with it (such as using it as a notetaker).
-superboyac (December 16, 2007, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey superboyac.

Yeah? Then you must know too well what it's like to have databases as our "kryptonite" and then read through this long thread and see others drop in and you can see that they're picking up how to use SQL Notes just like that!  (Have to imagine me snapping my fingers with that last sentence!   :Thmbsup: :up: :down: :) )

I'm reading through some more of the wiki and trying to make some sense of it. I started this before and then had to work frantically with my spreadsheet and paper files to respond to yet another PITA "surprise attack" insurance company inquiry.  I began to think I really didn't have time to learn this thing AND work with the document list I have at the same time.  I'll give it another shot and hopefully I can get something going in parallel to what else I am doing.

(I'm also in the process of trying to work out my graphics card issues - darn nVidia! Even though Falcon will probably be sending me out a replacement GeForce 7900 GTX or higher, I am looking into trying to bite the bullet and purchase an ATI card and see if I can get it working on an ASUS SLI-compatible mobo. AND - reorganize my data and media files and folder structure - get rid of all the lousy "My ....." folders and name them more appropriately to what I am using!  AND.... make my home office a paperless one to the extent I can! I have this great Canon PIXMA MP830 All-in-One with a duplex, auto-feeder scanner - might as well use it to the max!)

Take care.

Jim

superboyac:
PPL, since I started using SQL, I've created a few test files.  But now I want to combine the data in those files into one main file.  How can I import grids (and the data inside the grids) from one file to another?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version