ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (51/235) > >>

J-Mac:
Wow!  Just installed the latest beta - looks pretty powerful.

Shame I have no earthly idea what I am doing with it, though. Create a new field and all I can do with it is give it a name and say it's text or number, etc. Field length? Can't find where they're assigned & I just searched for it for an hour. I read through the entire thread and see that no one else has questions like that.

I think I'm not ready for this one.

Jim

PPLandry:

Shame I have no earthly idea what I am doing with it, though. Create a new field and all I can do with it is give it a name and say it's text or number, etc. Field length? Can't find where they're assigned & I just searched for it for an hour. I read through the entire thread and see that no one else has questions like that.

-J-Mac (December 16, 2007, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Jim,
Think of it as a notepad. Create a grid (View > Grids > New grid). Name it and start entering information in this notepad. Everything you put in this notepad, gets put in a field with the same name
To view what you've put in these notepads, either open them (view>grids>Notepad xx) or double-click on the field with the same name (in the properties pane -- F4)

These is much more to it, but this will get you started

JaneDC:
Pierre, what exactly do you mean when you say free while it's in beta? Do beta users get some sort of discount? And do you have a price range in mind?

Ive tried an early beta some time ago but havent had the chance to fully test it. But a big feature i look for in a note taking software is portability. Does it already have, or is this planned?

It's always nice to see an active developer. Hope you continue this attitude in the years to come.

J-Mac:

-J-Mac (December 16, 2007, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Jim,
Think of it as a notepad. Create a grid (View > Grids > New grid). Name it and start entering information in this notepad. Everything you put in this notepad, gets put in a field with the same name
To view what you've put in these notepads, either open them (view>grids>Notepad xx) or double-click on the field with the same name (in the properties pane -- F4)

These is much more to it, but this will get you started
-PPLandry (December 16, 2007, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

So I shouldn't have been in the Fields settings area? That's where I tried creating the fields I need for the database I need to build. As I said, you can't do anything there except give a new field a name and attribute, i.e., text, number, etc.

I read through the Documentation section and didn't see anything on how to create new fields, etc. Did I miss it?

Thanks.

Jim

PPLandry:
Jim,
It all depends what you want to do. For notetaking, do as I just said.

If you want to build a database, you'll need to create fields first.
(View>Manage Fields>New. Give it a name, select a type. Click Save. Repeat for other fields

Doc on fields is here : http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/Fields

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version