ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (29/235) > >>

superboyac:
Is there a way to transfer the contents of one column of one grid into the column of another grid, even though the columns represent different fields?-superboyac (November 30, 2007, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes there is an easy way:
1- set Item field equation to:  = SongTitle
2- Click update (next to the equation)
3- remove the Item field equation and save it

p.s. remember, columns are simply a display of the field. You want to operate on fields, not columns. As to grids, they are not related to fields. They serve as a window of your data (items and fields values)
-PPLandry (November 30, 2007, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm...I am not finding where this "Item field equation" is.  Where exactly do I enter this formula?

PPLandry:
In field properties:

superboyac:
OK, i did that, and I saw the status bar go through the items and update everything, but the column in the grid is still blank.  How do I fill in the column with the values that are now stored in the field?

PPLandry:
OK, i did that, and I saw the status bar go through the items and update everything, but the column in the grid is still blank.  How do I fill in the column with the values that are now stored in the field?
-superboyac (November 30, 2007, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure I follow you here, but you can try to refresh (F5) or close the grid and re-open.... Can you post an image if this does not help you

superboyac:
OK, here is a screenshot.  I set up the field "MusicItem" with the =SongTitle equation.  I dragged the musicitem field to the grid, now how do I get the song titles to appear there?
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version