ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (25/235) > >>

superboyac:
Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of what I've done so far:
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

What determines which field the expand/collapse button appears on?  It automatically appeared on the "ALbum" field, but I think I would prefer it on the Artist field.  Also, the column on the left labeled "#" is automatically numbering each entry.  What determines the numbers and how to I edit this field or tweak it?

superboyac:
OK, more questions (is it appropriate to ask all these specific questions here?  If not, let me know.)

I found out about the "set tree column" option, so disregard the question in the previous post.

Now, I'm going to take advantage of the tree outline.  I want the Artist to be the main topic (album and songtitle fields blank).  Then I will make a subtopic which will include the Album (other two fields blank).  Then, I will make one more subtopic for the songtitle field.  Is there a way for suptopics to automatically fill their parent fields?  For example, if I leave the suptopic field for Artist blank, because it's parent has the Artist field already, can it detect that and automatically fill in the artist for the subtopic?  Here's a screenshot:

OR

Instead of organizing the heirarchy manually, I will fill all the fields manually with no subtopics, and then I'll use a pivot table to sort the items according to album, artist, etc.

PPLandry:
You probably want to set inheritance for both Artist and Album fields (value-> sub-items checked).

Yes it is fine to ask here!

[edit] if you set inheritance and make a change to the artist, the change will trickle down

superboyac:
Thanks, this program is awesome.  It's like Access except easier to use.

What's the plan for user-defineable keyboard shortcuts?

PPLandry:
Thanks, this program is awesome.  It's like Access except easier to use.

What's the plan for user-defineable keyboard shortcuts?
-superboyac (November 28, 2007, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly it. Access but simpler, plus with outline, fonts, HTML, calendar (soon),  plus ...

You can already customize some. All will be customizable. Do same as Office to customize (right-click on toolbar > customize ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version