ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (127/235) > >>

Armando:
I'll be offline for 2 days.
-PPLandry (February 16, 2008, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK, see you  on Monday!  :)

tomos:
Amando, you mentioned error #91 somewhere
did you get any info on it?

I was changing the colours for a grid in options and you have to restart for them to take effect (sometimes anyways) and now it wont start,
well, it starts up but then I get

---------------------------
SQLNotes
Run-time error '91':

Object variable or With block variable not set
OK   

and it crashes...
Tom

tomos:
In my WorkDone/Billing grid (source "Projects") this:
File is null
- filters out the files (drawings)

How do I *include* files that have duration i.e. files I have worked on & recorded the time spent:-
Projects and (File and duration>0)
- doesnt work - filters out everything

You say in the wiki page about filters
Filter
The Filter filters the list of items. It can be edited directly, but it also can be set through the Search Form or Quick Searchis there any tips around how to use the Search function to do this?

and, just BTW:-
Saving Filters
Currently you can't named filters, but you can use the history drop-down box to select old filters. Also, Grid's will remember their filter so you can create a multiple Grids - each with its own Filter.I dont have any drop down box here on the filters?
but if I remove filter text and then click on icon to deactivate filter the text returns (which is fine)

Armando:
Amando, you mentioned error #91 somewhere
did you get any info on it?

I was changing the colours for a grid in options and you have to restart for them to take effect (sometimes anyways) and now it wont start,
well, it starts up but then I get

SQLNotes
Run-time error '91':

Object variable or With block variable not set
OK   

and it crashes...
Tom
-tomos (February 17, 2008, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

One Error 91 got fixed : http://mantis.sqlnotes.net/view.php?id=56. (Error 91 is not necessarily linked to a very specific thing -- ie clicking on a specific field -- and it can happen in different contexts).

Is SQLNotes not starting, or is it only that specific grid ?

I'm asking because I had a pretty huge crash yesterday, accompanied by the infamous "run time error 91 (Object variable or with block variable not set)" ... and I got nervous because SQLNOtes couldn't NOT load my database anymore.  :'(  But I solved the problem by:
1) uninstalling SQLNotes,
2) reinstalling the older 0.9.21 version (don't know if just reinstalling the new version would've done it... sorry),
3) opening my database (but made a copy before!!!!) with the old version (it worked, but a couple filters didn't -- I didn't really care since I was planing to reinstall the new 0.9.22 version right after!),
4) re-saving it under another name,
5) and then reinstalling the new SQLNotes version, and opening up my database... effortlessly this time! fiouf.

(I'll post the details of the error on the SQLNotes forum when I'll be able to create a new thread! From now on I'm going to try to post about SQLNotes matters over there instead... just because I find that info on SQLNotes is starting to get a bit scattered between here, Mantis and SQLNotes Forum. Unless Pierre prefers to keep both places active... dunno.)

I get this error 91 at least once a day. It usually happens when I drag and drop something or click on something... at the wrong time it seems! But I must say that it doesn't prevent me to literaly love SQLNOtes anyway. This software is REALLY addictive.  :-[

Armando:
How do I *include* files that have duration i.e. files I have worked on & recorded the time spent:-
Projects and (File and duration>0)
- doesnt work - filters out everything
-tomos (February 17, 2008, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why do you put parenthesis ? Unless the "File" field has a numeric value? Otherwise I guess I'd just remove them... or put them like that : (duration>0)

You say in the wiki page about filters
Filter
The Filter filters the list of items. It can be edited directly, but it also can be set through the Search Form or Quick Searchis there any tips around how to use the Search function to do this?
--- End quote ---

What do you mean ? I don't know if that would answer your question, but by pressing ctrl+f (or by opening the Find panel, in the view menu), you just get a window with different fillable fields. These act as filters and the results appear in the search Grid OR -- and that might be the answer to your question -- directly in one of your already made grid, if you fill "source view" field with a Grid name you choose (in a drop down menu). VERY convenient.

and, just BTW:-
Saving Filters
Currently you can't named filters, but you can use the history drop-down box to select old filters. Also, Grid's will remember their filter so you can create a multiple Grids - each with its own Filter.I dont have any drop down box here on the filters?
but if I remove filter text and then click on icon to deactivate filter the text returns (which is fine)
--- End quote ---

That's a good one and I wanted to mention it to Pierre too as I don't see that drop down menu (which would be VERY convenient, as I have to save my filters manually to remember them right now). There is a drop down menu but for the "source" (which basically lists all available fields, and not previous complex sources/filters either).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version